My trip to switzerland report, amazing

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 6:12:50 #805214

1st things 1st, what a beautiful country

had such an amazing time (3-5th may)

thursday 3rd may – started with a nice scenic journey around the lake from geneva to montreux. checked into hotel and had such an amazing view of the lake and mountains from our hotel (bnb belalp). didnt have much time to do anything except grab some food and get some sleep ready for early start.

friday 4th may – journey from montreux to visp and then change to zermatt. had problems with train from visp, but it was all very organised, another train was passing at the station we got stuck at and they moved everybody to the front 2 carriages and we got on the back to and carried on the journey, so very good work. the journey itself was great, lovely views all the way to zermatt.

arrived in zermatt, bought our gornergrat tickets and got some food whilst waiting. got the train to gornergrat and amazing views at the top and was surprisingly quite warm for that altitude. took lots of pictures and then got the train back to riffelalp as this was the only place we were allowed to walk back down from. had a lovely, yet quite funny walk back down due to some steep ish declines where there was still snow, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

saturday 5th may – checked out of hotel at 10am, left our luggage in lockers at montreux station and then got the cog wheel train upto rochers-de-naye. again, fantastic views on the way up and then again at the top. quite cold and windy though at the top. travelled back down and then jumped straight onto the train to veytaux and walked around chateux de chillion. was good to see all inside the castle and learn about it.

had some food and then took the train to geneva and had a walk around in the rain for 1 hr or so and could just about see mont blanc.

overall had an amazing time and will definately return at some point to check out interlaken,grindewald and aletsch glacier, but will do this in summertime. Only thing i would say is that food is very expensive and trains also if you dont have a swiss pass. will not stop me coming back again though

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 May 2012 at 8:32:47 #835938

Thanks for your report Matt! You had some good luck with the weather. Thursday and Friday were clear and warm. The bad weather set in on Saturday, but it sounds like you could still enjoy some good views though. Good to hear that you’ll be coming back for more. I hope to see you on our website again once you’re ready to prepare for your next trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2012 at 5:44:23 #835939

i will definately stick around and keep an eye on this forum from time to time

• The thread ‘My trip to switzerland report, amazing’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.