Need advice for 3 night tour, stay at Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2016 at 21:25:58 #809295

aHello friends, I am planning a trip to Swiss between 27th and 30th Aug. We are family of 3. 2Adult + 1 Kid (7 yrs old). Need your advice on places and itinerary to visit.

Day 1 – Arrival at Zurich Airport 9.45 am. We plan to depart to Lucern directly

Q1 – What places we can visit on Lucern same day, think we will reach Lucerne by 11 am. Thinking of Lake Luzern, Chappel Bridge, Pilatus. Can we cover all three same day or should we do something else

Day 2 – Lucern – Engelberg – Titlis

Day 3 – Have not planned anything.

Q2 – Please suggest the places that we can cover on Day 3

Day 4 morning – Checkout and depart to Zurich airport

Q4 – What kind of pass we should look out here? I guess Tell pass is good based on advice in forum as it covers Titlis, Lake trip, Pilatus and trains around Lucerne. Does it cover Zurich Airport to Lucerne (return) as well? If not what is cheapest way to cover Airport to Lucerne and return seperately.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Vishal Jain

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Shehzad
    Participant
    9 posts
    25 May 2016 at 0:00:04 #852411

Hi Vishal,

I think Lake lucerne, the Kapellbrücke and Mt. Pilatus could be done on the same day. I did Lake Lucerne, the Kapellbrücke and Mt. Rigi in 1 day. But be sure to have the train, boat and cable car timetables in your knowledge.

For day 3 I would recommend going up Mt. Stanserhorn on the Cabrio. It is an Open Top cable car – the views are just stunning. Ask your hotel for a leaflet on that mountain. It is half price with your swiss travel pass. OR try Mt. Rigi, whose views are also breathtaking. The view of Lake Lucerne are amazing, which is absolutely FREE with your swiss travel pass.

I am not too sure about the Tell Pass, but I took the Swiss Travel Pass, you might need the 4 days Swiss Travel Pass if you opt for it, which would then cover your journeys from and to the Airport too.

• The thread ‘Need advice for 3 night tour, stay at Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.