Day 1 – Zurich <-> Zermatt

Day 2 – Zurich <-> Interlaken

Day 3 – Zurich to Geneva

• Check-out
    • Check-in for 1 night in Geneva
    • Explore Geneva and Lausanne

Day 4 – Geneva to Frankfurt

• Check-out and go back to Frankfurt

Based on this, what rail pass would you recommend? The 3 day Swiss Travel Pass, Half Fare card or shall I just purchase regular tickets? 🙂

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 January 2018 at 1:23:27 #875218

Hello xmakbee and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Basing yourself in Zurich means you are going to be doing a lot of travelling backwards and forwards. Zurich to Zermatt is at least a 7 hour round trip.

You should use the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable). If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

Which pass if any depends on your itnerary. You have to do the sums. The timetable will give you ticket prices (the first price you see will assume you have a half-fare card so you should double it to get the full price). Then you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

For such a short trip I would go Frankfurt to Interlaken, Interlaken to Zermatt and Zermatt to Montreux (nicer place to visit than Geneva or Lausanne) but the choice is yours.

What time of the year are you planning to travel?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2018 at 6:00:37 #875219

Thanks for the info! Zurich as my base for the 1st 3nights is pretty much set 🙁

I will be travelling in March.

• The thread ‘Need advice for best Swiss rail pass for 4 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.