Hello forum members,
Me and hubby are travelling to Switzerland for our vacation getaway. we will be having 15 day Swiss Pass saver. I have made itinerary for our trip. I need some advice from members to finalize the route. We have total of 20 days vacation. ( Among that I want to spend around 14 days in Swiss, 2 days any great places in Italy bordering with Swiss/ Paris , 1-2 days for Luxembourg and last 2-3 days in Frankfurt from where we have our return flight) I mainly need help to decide the route and accordingly book accomodation in next 1-2 days . Also I want to take Bernina express, Golden Panaromic line to Montreux.
14 days with 4 bases (Lucerne, Wengen/Murren, Montreux, St. Moritz)
1. Day 1 Zurich: Will arrive at on 23rd Sept Tuesday in afternoon
City tour, Niederdorf, Lake Konstanz, Shaufhaussen (St. Gallen, Stein am Rhein), Church of our lady (Fraumunster), Grossmunster
2. Day 3 (25th Sep ) Morning travel to either Lucerne / Bernese Oberland area from Zurich. I would like to know where I should go first during this time of weather. We will be spending 3 nights at both bases. If going from Zurich to Ber Oberland then which train shall I take. From Lucerne to Bernese its the goldenpass line northern leg.
Lucerne and around Lucerne, Titlis, Mount Rigi and Lake lucern (go with one of the Mt. Rigi excursions, Pilatus OR Stanserhorn Cable
Jungfrau Region Wengen, Lauterbann valley, Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch, trummelbachfalls, Lake Thun,Spienz, Lake Brienz, Schynige Platte , Kleine scheidegg and Bern as day trip
3. Day 9 (2nd Oct) - After Bernese Oberland and Lucerne I plan to go to Montreux/ vevey ( 1st/ 2nd of Oct) and again have 3 nights there.
Rochers de Naye, Geneva as day trip from Montreux, Vevey, Gstaad 3000 AG a.k.a Glacier 3000
4. Day 12 (5th Oct) FRom Montreux go to St. Moritz and stay for 3-4 days . I want to take Bernina express to Tirano. Bernina express goes from Chur so do I need to come back first to Chur from Montreux?
I need suggestion for couple of nice places to go in Italy and stay for 2 days. If I take my route as Zurich - St. Moritz - Italy - Bernes Oberland - Montreux - Luxembourg then I can visit Italy. otherwise I will go to paris .
5. Day 16th (9th Oct) reach in Luxembourg, Day 17th (Oct. 10th) to Frankfurt, from Oct. 10-Oct 12th (3 days in and around franfurt) 13th Oct morning return flight.
Thanks a lot