Where to stay in Interlaken and activities

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
chirag5
chirag5
3 posts
May 20, 2018 - 11:55 PM

Hey,

I am planning a swiss trip in end of June (tentative 25th June onward). My base plan is to start from Zurich and end in Geneva. And I think the Golden Pass Route is best to take . So I plan to stay in Interlaken for 2/3 nights and do a day trip to Jungfrau then head to Montreux and then Geneva.

Need you advice on below..

1. Where to stay in Interlaken, as in which area? It seems pretty big unlike Lucerne

2. Is it recommended to stay in Montreux or Geneva?

3. Apart of Jungfrau any other mountains recommended in that region?

4. Apart from Golden Pass does another Swiss Rail pass help?

Thank in advance :)

Arno
Arno
11280 posts
expert &
May 21, 2018 - 10:11 AM

Hi Chirag5,

1. Interlaken is a lot smaller than Lucerne. There are a few villages around the town but those are small as well. We have recommended accommodation listed here, with distances to the train stations: www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/hotels
  2. That depends on your goals. For alpine scenery, Montreux is a lot better. If you prefer bigger cities, then Geneva offers more shopping, museums and city life in general. Please see www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux and www.myswissalps.com/ge neva for more information.
  3. Yes, certainly, see the Interlaken page please: www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities
  4. I am not quite sure what you mean here. Golden Pass is a train route, not a travel pass: www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass. As for train passes the Swiss Travel Pass may make sense: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018