5 day itinerary Lucerne & Jungfraujoch or Zermatt

5 day itinerary Lucerne & Jungfraujoch or Zermatt

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nimonika
Nimonika
9 posts
Apr 14, 2018 - 6:37 AM

Based in Bern, arriving 7th of May

Day1 : Arrive into Zürich around 9:30 am. Take the train to Bern. Rest of the day see Bern and Lausanne/Geneva (advise needed on which is doable)

Day 2: Lucerne, Interlaken and Titlis

Day 3: Mt Pilatus (for the cogwheel train, which starts on the 5th of May)

Day 4: Jungfraujoch Zermatt or Rigi (need advise)

Day 5 Back to Zürich, Rhine falls, self guided Zürich city walk. Depart from Zurich late evening.

I would really appreciate any feedback on the above plan. Please can I also get advise on the train pass that would work best for me. I understand that the Swiss travel pass is a 4 day pass. Which leg would be the most economical for me, if I do one day without the pass.

Thanks,

Monika

Lucas
Lucas
5609 posts
expert &
Apr 14, 2018 - 3:32 PM in reply to Nimonika

Hi Monika and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Day 1: I'm not sure I would head of to Lausanne or Geneva - lots to see and do in Bern after arriving - why rush off?

Day 2: Move a visit to Lucerne on Day 3 I think. Why are you heading to Interlaken as well as Titlis?

Day 3: Lucerne city visit and Pilatus is a nice day from Bern.

Day 4: These are all very different trips (Jungfraujoch, Zermatt, or Rigi) and quite different in terms of travel time. What is your preference? Be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable to find the travel times to each mountain

Day 5: This day is quite doable

If you go for the Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days you should skip day 1 or 5 (depending on what you decide to do on those days.

Have a read through our page on how to choose the best rail pass for more help.

Nimonika
Nimonika
9 posts
Apr 15, 2018 - 5:56 AM

Many thanks for your re

What do you suggest we do on day 2?. I am happy to skip city sightseeing and would prefer to head for the mountains as soon as I land in Switzerland. So in fact my first plan was to head straight to Titlis from the airport and then go to Bern after that on day 1. Is this Possible?I do want to do Zermatt, but understand that it will take at least 3 hrs to get there from Bern. I am also keen on Jungfraujoch. Would 4 mountains in 5 days be exhausting? I understand it all depends largely on the weather. Which websites should I check for on a daily basis to get a rough idea 1 week before arriving?

Many thanks!

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 15, 2018 - 9:12 AM in reply to Nimonika

Hi Nimonika,

It is possible to head straight to Titlis and then go to Bern. Use the link Lucas gave you to plan your trip. From Bern to Zermatt is 2h30 (fastest way).

The number of mountains you would like to visit is more of a personal choice. All mountains are very different. As you are saying, it also depends on the weather whether it's worth going up. You'd best check the weather forecast on the evening before you have planned to do a trip. We have a link here: www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast.

Nimonika
Nimonika
9 posts
Apr 17, 2018 - 5:42 AM in reply to Chantal

Would I still get good views if the weather is clear and I get to the top at Titlis around 2:00 pm?I was thinking of spending 2 hrs in Lucerne city before heading up to Titlis.

Thanks,

Monika

rockoyster
rockoyster
3394 posts
expert
Apr 17, 2018 - 6:05 AM in reply to Nimonika

Hi Monika,

Every day is going to be different. Swiss weather can be quite changeable.

You can keep an eye on the weather at Titlis using the weather report and webcams.

Last modified on Apr 17, 2018 - 6:06 AM by rockoyster

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018