Need help 15 days itinerary to Switzerland in May

• AnnaGr
    Participant
    3 posts
    2 March 2018 at 16:22:38 #814582

Hi

I’ve just joined this site and am impressed with the great information provided. Thank you

My son (5yr) and I will be in Switzerland for 15 days from in May. I intend to purchase a 15 days Swiss Travel Pass

I would like to visit Annecy in France (one day from Geneva) and then… Lausanne, Luzern, Interlaken, St Moritz Lugano etc…

Day 1-2 Geneva

Day 3 Geneva -> Annecy

Day 4-5 Luzern (visit Mt Pilatus or Mt. Rigi)

Day 6-7 Luzern->Interlaken (Golden Pass Line)

Day 8 Interlaken -> Montreux (Golden Pass Line)

Day 9 Montreux -> Zermatt

Day 10 Zermatt

Day 11 Zermatt -> Chur (Glacier Express)

Day 12 – Chur -> Tirano (Bernina Express) ->St Morritz

Day 13 St Morritz

Day 14 Lugano (Centovalli Express) is it possible?

Day 15 Lugano ->Milano->Greece

Ideally I would like to get funiculars/cable cars:

Funicular Monte San Salvatore

Grindelwald – Männlichen Cable car

Wengen – Männlichen Cable car

Schilthorn and Piz Gloria Cable car

Mount Titlis Revolving Cable Car

Matterhorn Glacier Paradise Cable car

Diavolezza Cable car

Feel free to amend the trip or give me any suggestion if there is anything i am missing

I am ready to add or delete places in order to have a smooth trip

Your answers and advice will be appreciated

Anna

(sorry for my bad english…)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 10:26:46 #877567

Hi Anna and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your English is just fine!

The itinerary looks pretty good here – nothing major to note and looks pretty relaxed. Have you searched through our website for ideas on what to do in each town? Search the town in our search box and check out the “what to do” tab for each town if you haven’t already.

For the couple questions you have:

• The Centovalli Express runs from Locarno to Domodossola – I guess you want a day trip then and return to Lugano before heading to Milan? Though you can also travel to Milan from Domodossola as well.
    • Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips here.
    • For access to the gondolas… some are closed for a couple weeks for maintenance. I don’t know when you are here in May but:
      • The Grindelwald – Männlichen Cable car is closed for maintenance April 3 to May 25.
      • Wengen – Männlichen Cable car is closed for maintenance April 3 to May 31.
      • The Klein Matterhorn Glacier Paradise Cable car is closed for maintenance until May 11

Hope that helps with your planning, let us know if you have more questions!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 March 2018 at 4:38:05 #877568

Hello Anna,

Looks like a nice itinerary as long as you don’t mind shifting location so often. A few suggestion on your plan . . . .

You might look at doing Montreux and the Golden Pass from the Geneva end of your trip. From Spiez you can go via Bern to Lucerne.

Then instead of Interlaken – Montreux – Zermatt later in your trip consider Interlaken to Zermatt via Kandersteg. From Spiez you will then travel on the Regio-Express Lötschberger train over the traditional, more than 100 year old mountain route, giving you a wonderful view along the impressive peaks and down into the Rhone Valley.

The section following section I’m having trouble getting my head around.

Day 12 – Chur -> Tirano (Bernina Express) ->St Morritz

Day 13 St Morritz

Day 14 Lugano (Centovalli Express) is it possible?

Are you really planning to go all the way to Tirano and then back to St Moritz? How are you planning to get from St Moritz to Lugano? The Palm Express? I can’t see how you could get from St Moritz to Lugano AND do the Centovalli Express all on Day 14. Maybe I am misunderstanding your plan.

The suggestion Lucas made of taking the Centovalli to Domodossola and then on to Milan sounds like a good idea if you have the time.

• The thread ‘Need help 15 days itinerary to Switzerland in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.