Need help about travel plans Luzern and Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 15:51:58 #811720

Hi Guys,

We need your help to decide better about our travel plan, I appreciate if you check the schedule below and share your opinion.

Me and My mother want to feel the Swiss nature and culture.

Day 1 – land in Zurich in evening, take train to Lucerne,

Day 2 – stay in Lucerne

Day 3 – Stay in Lucerne

Day 4 – Stay in Lucerne

Day 5 – morning train to Wengen

Day 6 – Stay in Wengen

Day 7 – Stay in Wengen

Day 8 – evening train to Milan

====

Questions:

1- What is your Idea ?

2- Is 2.5 Day in Wengen and 3 Day in Lucerne good idea ? or more time in Wengen and less time in Lucerne

3- Do you Recommend any other destination other than Lucerne ?

Kind Regards,

Hossein

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 16:11:22 #862940

Hi Hossein and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Luzern and Wengen are popular towns for tourists – so the itinerary seems fine but I don’t know what your plans are in the towns
    2. We can’t tell you if 3 days in Lucerne and Wengen is too much or too little unless we know what you want to do in each town. There are lots of things to do in each town (see the links above) so there are a lot f options depending on what you want to see and do.
    3. What do you want to see and do?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 16:28:38 #862941

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your reply,

We want to visit Swiss Cultures, Mountains, Easy Hikes, Nature, Swiss Cheese shops in villages in one word, feel the swiss as we saw in “Heidi, Girl of the Alps” cartoon many years ago.

I appreciate for your instructions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 16:54:02 #862942

Well then Luzern (local German spelling) and Wengen can offer that to you – I don’t think you need to include other towns.

The links in my first post have information on what to do in each town – that will help you decide how much time you want to spend there.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 16:55:33 #862943

Thank you, Do you think Swiss Pass for train worth ?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 17:31:36 #862944

I think you mean the Swiss Travel Pass? Yes, it is probably worth it for your itinerary = perhaps an 8 day pass.

Have a look over the details, prices and where it is valid here.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Need help about travel plans Luzern and Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.