Need help for my itinerary in Switzerland

Need help for my itinerary in Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Swissdec2017
Swissdec2017
38 posts
Jun 12, 2017 - 3:49 PM

hi, my family (2 adults & 2 kids,11&12 years old) will arrive in Switzerland Basel from Paris on 3rd Dec 2017 about 12noon. We will be heading to Munich on 6th Dec 2017 about 5pm. We plan to buy 4 days Swiss pass for 2 of us, so our kids will get free to travel in Switzerland.

Places we are interested:

1. lucerne - boat ride in lake Lucernce, kapellbrucke, lion monument, *Swiss museum of transport(if time permitted)*

2. Engelberg - Mt.Titlis

3. Interlaken - lauterbrunnen, murren, grindelwald

questions:

1. Pls help to put all these places into my itinerary.

2. To save time, can I take GoldenPass panoramic at Lucernce & align at interlaken ?

3. Pls advice if I have missed any better choice or museum or can add in more in my plan.

4. We prefer to stay in grindelwald, Lucerne. Pls advise.

Many thanks!

Lucas
Lucas
3365 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2017 - 4:10 PM in reply to Swissdec2017

Hi Swissdec2017,

1. So for your 3 nights stay I would stay the first 2 nights in Luzern and the last night Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. This would be the best options for you to see your interested attractions. The last day, from Grindelwald or nearby will be a long one to Munich (about 9 hours - so be prepared!)
  2. Yes, you will travel part of the Golden Pass route when you train from Luzern to Interlaken.
  3. I might try and add a lake cruise on Lake Luzern on Day 1 or 2 (whichever day works better for you).

Lucas

Swissdec2017
Swissdec2017
38 posts
Jun 12, 2017 - 4:34 PM

Thanks Lucas.

Just notice that with Swiss pass we are free to visit Maison cailler chocolate factory & cheese factory. Is it Worth to visit them?

Lucas
Lucas
3365 posts
expert &
Jun 12, 2017 - 7:02 PM in reply to Swissdec2017

I haven't visited them yet so I can't say - but everyone I've heard from seemed to have enjoyed them - I'm not sure what day you would want to try and visit them though.

You could visit them on day 1, then in the afternoon see kapellbrucke, lion monument (and probably not fit in the Swiss museum of transport
Then on day 2 Titlis and a Lake Luzern cruise could work

rajikadinesh
rajikadinesh
87 posts
Jun 13, 2017 - 5:51 AM in reply to Swissdec2017

cheese factory and chocolate factory are not at all worth

Arno
Arno
9616 posts
expert &
Jun 13, 2017 - 8:58 AM

The cheese factory is small. An hour is sufficient to see all of it (apart from the souvenir shop or if you want to have lunch there). I found the chocolate factory quite interesting - if you like chocolate :-)

AlanPrice
AlanPrice
140 posts
Jun 13, 2017 - 10:45 PM

Hi,

If you have the time, I would definitely recommend the Transport Museum (If you like that sort of thing). Make it more interesting by catching the ferry. Give yourself a good couple of hours at least to do it justice, I spent half the day and didn't see it all.

Alan

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017