Help for online booking of Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 5:01:03 #815760

Hi
    I am trying to purchase 8 day Swiss travel pass starting from 17.05.18 from Swiss railway website.

I am looking for Print@home option but i don’t find it. I can see one option which says “Online delivery”.
    Is Online delivery same as Print@home or I should get this wording “print@home” somewhere while booking?

please help for the steps to be followed for booking a printable Swiss travel pass? Is there any video available about steps to be followed?
    Thanks a ton!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 May 2018 at 5:14:58 #884367

Online delivery is what you want. You will get an email containing a PDF file to print your pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 6:09:20 #884368

Thanks rockoyester

Is SBB website and Swiss railway same?

I am at sbb.ch and it asked me to create a Swiss pass login . I have created one. Is it of any help? Am I on the right website?

The pdf ticket is in english or German? The login activation email was in German and it went to my spam folder.

Thanx

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 May 2018 at 7:39:15 #884369

SBB.CH is the official website. http://www.swissrailways.com is the shop for tourist products.

If you want to buy train tickets on-line you will need a logon id for the SBB Ticket Shop. Somewhat confusingly they now call this a SwissPass logon. When you register you should tick this option “I do not have a public transport travelcard”. They should be communicating with you in English. I can’t remember if there is an option to select language. Should be I think.

If you want to buy a Swiss Travel Pass you should be looking at http://www.swissrailways.com or one of the other retailers at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 9:27:04 #884370

Thanks Rockoyster for your help.

I logged in to swissrailways.com and booked a youth Swiss pass for 8 days. I have following observations which may be helpful to other readers as well.

1. The link for ticket printing in pdf was provided within 5 minutes through email. I have downloaded the PDF. First time I have seen A BLACK AND WHITE PDF download for such an expensive pass (340 chf). I was expecting a colour version.

2. Font used for the Swiss pass is very ordinary. it looks like somebody has typed very reluctantly in a notepad. I hope the ticket checker should be ok with this printout also in remote areas of Switzerland.

3. It shows name, passport number. and there is a chaotic barcode. In the top right there is a 12 digit number starting with OT. There are many asterisk marks. I have used apple macbook with chrome browser and adobe pdf reader.

4. I have one question. If i share my pdf with someone, can he make a duplicate copy of it? I believe I should not share or allow anybody to take a picture of it. please advice. Also what if i get it laminated? Can I use the downloaded pdf on my mobile or laptop as a ticket?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 May 2018 at 10:02:09 #884371

I have one question.

I think you actually have more than one.

If i share my pdf with someone, can he make a duplicate copy of it?

Why?

I believe I should not share or allow anybody to take a picture of it. please advice.

Sounds like a good idea. No one else can use it unless yo led them your passport.

Also what if i get it laminated?

As long as it is readable that is fine.

Can I use the downloaded pdf on my mobile or laptop as a ticket?

No, you need a printed copy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 10:28:32 #884372

sorry for putting up too many questions and really appreciate and salute your efforts to reply. I hope other readers will also get benefited by reading the topic.

This is our first trip to Switzerland so a lot of doubts coming to mind but planning the trip on our own is also exciting.

Any comment on Black and white pdf download? I mean all online Swiss travel pass are Black and white or is there any option to download a coloured version of pdf for Swiss travel Pass?

thanks!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 May 2018 at 10:29:51 #884373

No need to apologise.

Black and white works fine. What makes you think a colour version would be better?

• The thread ‘Help for online booking of Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.