Need help with 10 day itinerary for Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2018 at 14:52:41 #814112

Hi

My family is travelling to Switzerland in may end and will be there until 10days.

we are thinking of visiting zurich, Lucerne,interlaken and Zermatt

But don’t know how to start about and also where to stay

Need help!!!!

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2018 at 16:56:39 #874903

Hi Greta, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Here are a few good links to get you started:

We don’t create itineraries, but I can give you a few suggestions:

Don’t spend too much time in Zurich, Lucerne is a much better option. When visiting the Jungfrau Region, stay in Grindelwald, Wengen or Mürren rather than in Interlaken. You might be interested in a scenic train trip. To get to Zermatt from Interlaken there’s the Golden Pass and from Zermatt you can take the Glacier Express.

If you use the search box which you’ll find at the top right of the page, you will come across much more information.

Once you have a first draft of your itinerary, don’t hesitate to share it with us. We can help you to finalize it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2018 at 18:39:27 #874904

Thanks for helping out

we have planned a rough itenerary

27th may we’ll be travelling to Lucerne from Zurich

Stayin there until 29th morning

29th may- interlaken or Grindelwald

we r planning to stay there till 1st june..what do you suggest here?? Are

3daysfair enough??

1st june-check in at zermatt

3rd checkout and travel to st.mortiz

3rd june-check in at st.moritz until 5th morning and travel back to zurich as we have our flight back home from there on the 7th june

so this is a rough itenerary we hv made…any suggestions you might want to give??

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2018 at 10:40:54 #874905

Hi Greta,

I like it a lot. 3 days is Interlaken/Grindelwald is fine.

So now you probably would like to start filling in the details of your trip. Our website is a good source of information. The search functionality at the top right of the page is great. Give us a shout when you need a hand.

Good luck with the preparation of your trip!

Pickergal
    Participant
    88 posts
    23 January 2018 at 21:43:27 #874906

greta1810,

Everything is a personal preference but I love Lucerne so much and there is so much to do there that I would stay in Lucerne at least 3 nights. I would probably shorten my stay to 1 night in Zermatt or St. Moritz but really, you can’t go wrong with whatever you decide to do.

• The thread ‘Need help with 10 day itinerary for Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.