Frankfurt – Interlaken- Sierre – Paris rail pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2018 at 15:39:46 #818714

My family (2 adults, 14 and 11 year old) is traveling to Europe in March. We are landing in Frankfurt Germany on a Thursday and would like to take a train to Interlaken, Switzerland and Stay overnight. We would like to take a train Friday afternoon and go to Sierre, Switzerland. On Monday we would like to leave Sierre by train and go to Paris.We will be flying out of Paris to go home. Our goal is to make this train trips as quickly as possible so we would like to take the speed train if possible. My husband would also like to book first class on all train rides (would like a quieter environment with more room). I’m not sure if we should get a 3 country travel pass (will he have to pay extra for speed trains?), or get some sort of Swiss pass and purchase the speed trains into and out of Switzerland separately. It is very confusing especially since the kids seem to be able to travel for free in Switzerland, but not in other countries.

• The thread ‘Frankfurt – Interlaken- Sierre – Paris rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.