Where to book cheapest train from Wengen to Paris?

Where to book cheapest train from Wengen to Paris?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dingdong5770
dingdong5770
2 posts
Mar 4, 2018 - 8:27 AM

Hi, Need to check where do I go to book the cheapest train from Wengen to Paris. I have tried a few websites but the rates varies a lot so I am not too sure bout it. Pls help

Arno
Arno
10747 posts
expert &
Mar 4, 2018 - 3:32 PM

Hi Dingdong5770, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The rates do indeed vary, although they vary more by travel date/time and booking date than by the website. Most websites more or less offer the same prices for the same trains on any given booking date. Fluctuations due to exchange rates and booking fees might be possible though.

The sites listed here are trusted retailers: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e. I'd start with www.happyrail.com/en/t gv-lyria.

I assume you don't have a train pass for Switzerland. If you do, you usually only need a ticket for the French leg of the trip.

Last modified on Mar 4, 2018 - 3:32 PM by Arno
dingdong5770
dingdong5770
2 posts
Mar 5, 2018 - 11:47 AM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the information. I am particular interest in your last sentence regarding the train pass for Switzerland. I am travelling between Lucerne, Wengen, Murren, Schilthorn, Lauterbrunnen. Is there a train pass that I can use for all these places ? If there are, can you guide me which website sells the train pass and what kind of pass I should be looking at. Appreciate your help greatly.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 5, 2018 - 2:38 PM in reply to dingdong5770

Hi dingdong,

You can find everything about rail passes here: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses. Once you've found the pass of your choice, click on the price tab. You'll find links to trusted pass retailers as well.

Read as well how to choose the best rail pass: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Last modified on Mar 5, 2018 - 5:31 PM by Chantal

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018