How to travel to Interlaken - Jungfrau - Lucerne

How to travel to Interlaken - Jungfrau - Lucerne

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
dezach
dezach
3 posts
Mar 30, 2017 - 9:13 PM

Hello MySwissAlps Team,

This is my first trip to Europe and I really need your help to plan my 2 day stay in Switzerland.

I will be travelling with my wife. (2 adults)

I will be covering :

DAY 1:

Zurich - Mt Titlis (Ice Flyer) - Lucerne

DAY 2:

Lucerne - Interlaken - Jungfrau -Lucerne

Below are my queries.

How do I travel from Lucerne to Mt Titlis?

How do I travel from Lucerne to Interlaken?

How do I travel from Interlaken to Jungfrau?

From the above mentioned travel, is it going to benefit taking a Rail pass?

If so which rail pass would benefit us?

Where can I purchase it from with best discounts?

PS: 2 days in Switzerland is part of my long 12 day Europe trip :) So any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

DeZach

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2017 - 8:24 AM in reply to dezach

Hi deZach and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The easiest way to travel around Switzerland is by train. A Swiss Travel Pass (minimum for 3 days) may be worth it for you. It will cover all your train trips except to Jungfraujoch where you will need to buy a ticket between Lauterbrunnen and Jungfraujoch (at 25% off) and the cable car from Engelberg to Mount Titlis (50% off).

You can also look at the Swiss Half Fare Card which allows you to buy all train tickets at 50% off, this may be the better option for just 2 days in Switzerland.

You can find links to buy either rail pass online at the links above.

You can search for the train schedules to and from your destinations here.

Lastly, you may want to look at the Eurail Select Pass instead of Swiss rail passes as you will be traveling in other countries as well. The benefits aren't quite as good as a Swiss rail pass but you may still come out ahead of you are traveling by train in a couple other countries as well on your trip.

Regards,
Lucas

SureshSrini
SureshSrini
48 posts
Mar 31, 2017 - 9:40 AM

Hi Dezach,

the below links in this website, will also give you addnl info on how to find your way around:

Lucerne to Mt Titlis : www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis

Interlaken to Jungfrau : www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch

Enjoy your trip!

Suresh

dezach
dezach
3 posts
Mar 31, 2017 - 12:34 PM in reply to dezach

Thanks for the information. I came across a pass called as companion pass. Will this be helpful while I'm traveling with my wife? If so how do I make use of it?

Do I need to have a half rate card for me to benefit from a companion card?

Arno
Arno
9668 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2017 - 3:49 PM in reply to dezach

Hi Dezach,

The only companion card I know of is for disabled Swiss residents who need to travel with someone else. The passes relevant to tourists can be found here: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses.

Krishna123
Krishna123
1 post
Mar 31, 2017 - 4:09 PM

I am traveling Zurich-Interlaken-Lucerne-Zurich in a week. Will a swiss pass be useful? Is it better buying seperate tickets?

dezach
dezach
3 posts
Mar 31, 2017 - 4:38 PM

@Krishna123,A half fare pass costs you 120 CHF which only gives you 50% off on your tickets

Zurich to Interlaken costs 70 CHF one way per head. Interlaken to Luzern 33 CHF and Luzern to Zurich will cost 26 CHF. You can avail 50 % for all the above fares if you spend additional 120 CHF, which sometimes doesnt make sense for short trips. If you making additional trips on local bus or boats, it may become handy.

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2017 - 5:12 PM in reply to Krishna123

Hi Krishna123, welcome to MySwissAlps!

It really depends on how many trips you plan to take and the cost of separate tickets. You can find details and prices for the Swiss Travel Pass here and the Swiss Half Fare Card here. So it depends on whether you only make those 3 trips or plan on making more while in Switzerland. You can find help on doing to math to compare prices here.

If you have further questions please post them in a new thread. Thanks!

Lucas

Last modified on Mar 31, 2017 - 5:43 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017