Swiss Travel Pass for children?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2017 at 12:43:07 #813049

Hi,

We will be travelling to Switzerland from 4th to 8th September. We are two adults and two kids (one 7 years old and one 8 months). Do I need to buy swiss pass for the elder kid also? Or Two kids can come with us? Please let me know.

Also, one generic question, should we go to Jungfrau with the little kid?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2017 at 15:53:54 #868829

Hi hidibyendu and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You will need one Swiss Travel Pass for each adult only. You can order (at the same time) a Swiss Family Card (free) to cover your 7 year old. The 8 month old doesn’t need any pass or ticket to travel for free.

I think Jungfraujoch is too high for an infant yes. Usually 2000 meters is a general maximum altitude for babies but you should consult your doctor to be sure.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 August 2017 at 20:12:24 #868830

Thank you very much Lucas. Actually when I contacted, Jungfrau officials, they said there will be no issues, I will consult with the doctor.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2017 at 9:02:40 #868831

They said it would be ok eh? Ok.

I would still definitely consult your doctor.

Also, there is a web page on their website that talks about medical tips for high altitudes here.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for children?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.