Swiss Travel Pass for children?

Swiss Travel Pass for children?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hidibyendu
hidibyendu
2 posts
Aug 22, 2017 - 12:43 PM

Hi,

We will be travelling to Switzerland from 4th to 8th September. We are two adults and two kids (one 7 years old and one 8 months). Do I need to buy swiss pass for the elder kid also? Or Two kids can come with us? Please let me know.

Also, one generic question, should we go to Jungfrau with the little kid?

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Aug 22, 2017 - 3:53 PM in reply to hidibyendu

Hi hidibyendu and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You will need one Swiss Travel Pass for each adult only. You can order (at the same time) a Swiss Family Card (free) to cover your 7 year old. The 8 month old doesn't need any pass or ticket to travel for free.

I think Jungfraujoch is too high for an infant yes. Usually 2000 meters is a general maximum altitude for babies but you should consult your doctor to be sure.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 22, 2017 - 3:54 PM by Lucas
hidibyendu
hidibyendu
2 posts
Aug 22, 2017 - 8:12 PM

Thank you very much Lucas. Actually when I contacted, Jungfrau officials, they said there will be no issues, I will consult with the doctor.

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Aug 25, 2017 - 9:02 AM in reply to hidibyendu

They said it would be ok eh? Ok.

I would still definitely consult your doctor.

Also, there is a web page on their website that talks about medical tips for high altitudes here.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018