Need Lucerne hotel advice for 2-adult and 2-kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2019 at 15:33:40 #819630

Hi,

We are looking to book a hotel in Lucerne for 2-nights (preferably walking distance from train station) in July for a family of four people, 2-adults and 2-kids (8 and 13 years). When I search for 4 people there are very few hotel options and prices goes up very high, but I get many options when search for 3-people (mostly triple room). If we book a triple room, do hotels in Switzerland allow the 8-years old child to share bed with family and allow to stay all four of us in a triple room? I wanted to contact directly to hotels but it’s hard to reach out to them. Also, will it be too late to book in March for July-mid stay?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2019 at 17:29:15 #902908

Hi Sukunag,

Are you searching for 2 adults and 2 children or just 4 “people”? If there is 2 beds in the room the hotel may allow the 2nd child in at a charge perhaps – up to the hotel. Generally speaking a triple room is for 3 people only so you’d want to contact them directly. The 8 year old may be considered too old to share a bed and they won’t allow it. Usually hotels are flexible at younger ages.

Strange that you aren’t able to connect directly with any hotels?

Have you checked out the Lucerne hotels we recommend here?: http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/hotels

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2019 at 3:09:22 #902909

Hi Lucas,

First of all let me tell you that this site is very informative and helpful with tons of information. Thanks to you n your team for keeping it up to date. I am searching for 2 adults and 2 kids. Triple rooms that I looked have 2 beds, 1 double and 1 single bed. I did look at Lucerne hotel recommendations here. Please suggest me some budget family hotel for my need. Also, will it be too late if I wait to book by March. I have some logestics to work out before booking hotel.

thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2019 at 8:07:31 #902910

I wouldn’t want to fit 2 adults and an 8 year old in 1 double bed. I’d focus only on hotels that show availability for your actual group size.

Mid July is very busy. I am sure you will find something in and around Lucerne but your top choices may be booked by then – hard to say.

Are the budget hotels we list on our web page not available? I usually have good luck with Ibis properties.

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    27 January 2019 at 20:41:10 #902911

Hi sukunag,

Try hotel Barabas. (16 Lowengraben, 6004 Lucerne, Switzerland –). It’s a 10 minute walk from the train station. It’s not fancy at all but its less that 175/night. It has 4 bunk beds and that’s it (private bathroom). I stayed my first night on my way through Luzern and it had a very nice breakfast included. It used to be a prison and opened sometime last year. I looked at booking.com and there is a room left. Give it a shot. It’s basic, nice people and the price is right. Ask for directions at the Info office adjacent to the train station (right next to Burger King.) There are other places. But they’re quite a bit more. Hope things work out for you.

Danielsan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2019 at 5:36:29 #902912

Hi ,

you may wanna try to book the apartments instead ?

HITrental Chapel Bridge Apartments, which I’ve just booked thru https://www.agoda.com/ hitrental-chapel-bridge-apartments/hotel/all/l uzern-ch.html.

you may do some research and based on the review , hope it’s help , cheers

Pik Eng

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2019 at 13:11:40 #902913

Thank you all for your helpful suggestion. I will see what I can find.

• The thread ‘Need Lucerne hotel advice for 2-adult and 2-kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.