Need suggestion for a 4 day trip to switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2014 at 11:51:51 #806711

Hi There,

I have a trip to switzerland with my family (Wife and a 4 year daughter), would you please suggest me a best place to visit during december 2014 first and second week.

I have heard INTERLAKEN is the best place to visit in switzerland, but i don’t know what would be the weather condition in Dec first and second week there.

Thanks and Regards,

Azher.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    9 November 2014 at 10:36:00 #841292

Hi Azher, welcome to MySwissAlps!

I wouldn’t say Interlaken is the best place to visit in Switzerland. It’s not a beautiful town, it’s rather a practical base because of its convenient train connections, and many shops, hotels and restaurants. See here for information please: http://www.myswissalps.com/interlaken.

All of Switzerland will be chilly or cold in December, but one can only know 2 days ahead. Also it depends on where you will be based: it will be warmer in a valley (e.g. Interlaken) and colder in the mountains. If you like to be surrounded by snow you chances are better in the mountains.

More towns can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/wheretogo/towns (be sure to take a look at Lucerne too).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2014 at 7:08:15 #841293

Hi Annika,

Thank you very much for the advice, I will go to Lucerne and stay there for a couple of days.

I will be staying in Barcelona for 4 days and from there I am planing to go to Zurich in train and from Zurich to Lucerne. Just concerned about the weather, I guess it would be difficult to move around if the weather is too cold or snowy. Do we have any suggestions on the weather condition ?

Thanks and best regards,

Azher.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 November 2014 at 6:51:57 #841294

Hi Azher,

Lucerne is located on the valley floor; it won’t be too cold or snowy to travel. There can be lots of snow in the mountains but the train system won’t easily come to a standstill because of that. If you’re traveling from Barcelona to Lucerne by train there’s no need to go to Zurich first. If you enter Lucerne (or ‘Luzern’) as your destination in the timetable you will be presented the most direct route to get there. See here for the best hotels. Be sure to visit Mount Rigi. It’s free with a Swiss Pass!

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Need suggestion for a 4 day trip to switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.