Need suggestions for mid-June Swiss itinerary

Need suggestions for mid-June Swiss itinerary

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nanondd
Nanondd
3 posts
May 8, 2018 - 6:46 AM

Hey Everyone,

I am planning to go to Switzerland from 12-16 June and the main areas and attractions which I want to cover are Zermatt, Grindelwald(for Grindelwald First), Lauterbrunnen, and Jungfraujoch(all nature attractions).

Here is my itinerary

Day 1: Arrived at Zurich and I will directly go to Zermatt which I believe I will arrive at Zermatt around 12:00. If possible I will go to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise in the afternoon

Day 2: I decide to take the train up to Gornergrat and spend sometimes for taking photos of the Matterhorn

Day 3: Check out from the hotel in Zermatt, then I plan to go to Kandersteg to visit Oechinen lake and Blausee lake. After that, I decide to go to Lauterbrunnen to check in at the hotel there and spend the night there. (2 nights in Lauterbrunnen)

Day 4: In the morning, I plan to go to Grindelwald directly from Lautrubrennen, and I will go up to Grindelwald First(have some activities). After that, I will go back to Lauterbrunnen and take the bus to Trümmelbachfälle. Maybe, in the afternoon, I will go to Murren, Grimmelwald, and Schilthorn

Day 5: In the early morning, I will go to Jungfraujoch. In the afternoon (NO plan yet)

Day 6: Go to Zurich, visit Rhine Falls, Lake Zurich

Day 7: Back to my country

What do you think?, Will I have a lot of time left?. If have, feel free to suggest some of the attractions for me.

I am also very concerned about the weather during mid-June. If the weather there is too cloudy or rainy, I am scared that I will not have a chance to see the Matterhorn and other panoramic views, on top of the mountain. I heard that in the morning, the chance of raining will be lower, it is true?. How should I manage my plan in order to adapt with the weather condition? and what is likely to be the weather condition in mid-June?

Also does the Swiss Travel Pass, cover all of the places in my plan?

PS. the time in the attachment file is very flexible

Please login to see the attached documents
Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 8, 2018 - 4:38 PM in reply to Nanondd

Hi Nanondd, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

This looks doable. I don't think you have a lot of time left, but you won't be in a rush. If you want to know exactly how long it will take to get from A to B you can use the Swiss railways timetable: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

It's always hard to predict the weather. Even if the forecast is rain, it might not rain. Read more about the weather here: www.myswissalps.com/we ather. In general the weather in June is mild or warm.

The Swiss Travel Pass covers all your train trips. On highlights like Jungfraujoch and Gornergrat you'll get a discount. Read more here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Nanondd
Nanondd
3 posts
May 9, 2018 - 9:54 AM

THANK YOU for the information. I hope when I go I will not have to face 6 days in a row with thunderstorm.

Much appreciated for your help

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
May 9, 2018 - 10:04 AM in reply to Nanondd

I was in Lucerne last year in early June. There was a thunder storm almost every day but they didn't last long and occurred late afternoon to evening. No big deal.

Nanondd
Nanondd
3 posts
May 10, 2018 - 3:26 AM

Thank you!!! for the informations. Happy to hear that they didn't last long because I would love to have some lights for my photos.

Thank you

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018