Need urgent help regarding Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2016 at 7:40:35 #809756

Hi

I needed urgent help for the following itinerary for a 3 day visit to Swiss. We are 2 couples.

1. Day 1 : Zurich to Lucerne

Lucerne to Mt. Titlis (return)

2. Day 2 : Lucerne to Interlaken

Interlaken to Wilderswill

(Hotel is in Wilderswill)

Wilderswill to Jungfrauch(return)

3. Day 3 : Wilderswill to Zurich

Zurich to Uetliberg (Return)

Zurich to Neuhausen (REturn) (Rhine Falls)

Can you please share the fare breakup for the following so that we can choose the cheapest mode of transport.

1. REgular Fares

2. Swiss PAss

3. Swiss Half Fare Card

4. Any other option that you suggest may be economical for us 🙂

TIA

Kalpana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 July 2016 at 10:03:10 #854567

Hi Kalpana,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Regular fares will be too expensive. I would recommend either the Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half Fare Card. A Swiss Pass is not an option, that’s a card for Swiss residents.

The Swiss Travel Pass will be more convenient as you can travel around as much as you like without buying tickets (apart from the two discounted mountain trips). Whether a Swiss Half Fare Card will be cheaper in the end can be calculated by comparing fares. You’ll find all details about the passes, and how to compare them, here:

For maximum convenience, be sure to order print at home passes , at least 3-4 business days before you need them. Please see the Price tab of the pass pages.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 July 2016 at 10:50:27 #854568

Hi Arno

Thanks for your reply.

But i was looking for the regular fare information available somehwere for these tourist destinations. Because in the website, it is not that clear. e.g. If i plan to go from Lucerne to Mt. Titlis, i guess i have to change a few trains to get there. I am not sure of the train stations as well.

Is the exact fare breakup available somehwere ?

Please help.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 July 2016 at 12:28:05 #854569

Hi Kalpana,

The last link I gave you explains how to do so. It suggests to go to myswissalps.com/ timetable and that page offers all details on how to find fares and train schedules.

Did it work for you now?

• The thread ‘Need urgent help regarding Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.