Need urgent help. Still waiting for TGV ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2017 at 12:44:44 #812812

Hello Team,

Out of sheer frustration I am writing this in the forum. I am not sure if I will get any help from here or not but just wanted to bring this to your notice incase.

I have booked my TGV rail tickets for me ( in raileurope.co.in) and for my wife ( en.voyages-sncf.com ) 1.5 months back, June 14th 2017 to be precise from Laussane to Paris for September 21st 2017.

I have got my ticket booked from Raileurope.co.in and it got delivered within few days of booking the ticket but I haven’t received the ticket for my wife till now. I will be leaving my home town by August 15th and it would be really difficult for me to collect my wife’s ticket after that.

I have sent several mails to the customer support team but have not got any response from them regarding the ticket delivery or at least the tracking ID for my ticket in case its already sent from their end.

I have raised several complaints on their website and just get the acknowledgment mail saying to expect a response in 48 hours but no response till date. I am not able to call on the customer care number mentioned in their site.

Can I expect any help from this forum or any suggestion on how to proceed on this ??

Ticket Details : ticket booked from en.voyages-sncf.com

Ticket reference number – QRYVNF

Passenger Name – SUMAN (first name)

PANIGRAHI (surname)

Regards,

Sambeet

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2017 at 13:31:58 #867717

Hi Sambeet,

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having with your wife’s ticket.

We don’t have any access to the booking you made with en.voyages-sncf.com unfortunately.
    Do you know why you can’t call their customer phone number? Is it busy or not just a number that can be dialed from India? How long have you been waiting for an email reply?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2017 at 14:15:42 #867718

Hello Lucas,

I donot know whats the problem with the number. It just doesnt connect, no ring, no voice tone, nothing just doesnt connect. I have been waiting since 15 days for their response. And I have repeatedly mailing them since 2 weeks but with no response from them.

Regards,

Sambeet

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 August 2017 at 14:55:12 #867719

Hi Sambeet,

That’s really unfortunate! Did you receive any confirmation e-mail from them after booking? Normally these tickets are not delivered via mail, but via e-mail so you can print it yourself. Or did you select physical shipping? Did you check your spam folder?

Did you call +33 9 70 60 99 70 or a different number? This number should work during European office hours.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2017 at 17:06:40 #867720

Hello Arno,

I have received a confirmation mail from them the very moment I have booked the ticket. I have attached the screenshot of the mail for your reference. I selected physical shipping so the ticket was to be sent to my address.

Regards,

Sambeet

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 August 2017 at 19:30:55 #867721

Hi Sambeet,

In that case you should have received the tickets by now. Does the phone number I provided work for you? Be sure to call during European office hours, so in the afternoon in India if that’s where you are now. Otherwise I recommend to ask the Rail Europe India support team you bought the other ticket from. Voyages-sncf is part of the Rail Europe group too, so they might be able to sort this out or at least provide contact details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 16:52:11 #867722

Hello Arno,

I havent received the ticket yet unfortunately neither I am able to call on that number. Even Rail Europe forum wasnt able to help as they said this site is different and they donot have access. Can I take the print out of the ticket received in mail ?? Will it be valid ??

Regards,

Sambeet

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 August 2017 at 6:46:21 #867723

Hi Sambeet,

The e-mail your received is a confirmation, not a ticket, so I’m afraid you can’t travel with that. But you can take the confirmation to any staffed train station as soon as you’re in Europe. They might be able to print the actual ticket for you. Also there should be a way to get in touch with the retailer as soon as you’re in Europe. I’m really surprised that phone number does not work for you. It works fine for me.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 12:02:27 #867724

Hello Arno,

I have got sure that my last resort will be your advice to collect the ticket from train station in Europe by showing the mail attachment that I got. ( I have attached the same for your reference ). I am planning to get the ticket from Zurick Train station the day I land Switzerland so that there wouldn’t be any further tension about it. I wont take service from that website again in my life. 🙁 Really pathetic..

Please confirm me if I can get the original ticket from station by showing the printout of the attached confirmation mail that I received upon successful completion of my order.

Regards,

Sambeet

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 August 2017 at 18:52:34 #867725

Hi Sambeet,

Unfortunately I am not 100% sure that it will work. It might work, so I recommend you to try it if there is no way to get in touch with them before you reach Switzerland. What happens if you call that number? Do you hear the voice message from Voyages SNCF but don’t get transferred to a live staff member? Or does the number not work at all? As it works fine for me, you may also try to call it again as soon as you’re in Zurich. Worst case you will need to buy a new ticket but get the other one refunded if they messed up delivering it to you.

Do let us know how this worked out for you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2017 at 7:21:42 #867726

Hi Sambeet,

I could make out that you have a Ticket reference number, have you tried converting this into an online ticket delivery instead of getting it physically delivered? Just in case you missed it, is there a “Manage Booking Tab” where you can manage your booking. Hope this helps.

Regards

Ravi

• The thread ‘Need urgent help. Still waiting for TGV ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.