Which roads require vignette in Ticino?

Which roads require vignette in Ticino?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Colin A
Colin A
2 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 11:41 AM

Hello. I note that a vignette is needed to drive on Switzerland's motorways but not on other roads. I intend to travel in Switzerland near Lake Lugano. Can it be confirmed that a motorway would include the A2, North from Lugano, but not, for example, the road along Lake Lugano from Menaggio (in Italy) to Lugano (which is the SS340 in Italy but doesn't seem to have a road number in Switzerland). Thank you.

Peterli
Peterli
552 posts
top member
Jul 10, 2018 - 4:21 PM in reply to Colin A

Hello,

Please read the information at the following link: www.ezv.admin.ch/ezv/e n/home/information-individuals/documents-for-travellers-and-road-taxes/motorway-charge-sticker--vignette-.html There is a downloadable map. As for the Ticino, you will see that the only roads where a vignette is required is the A2, which runs from the Italian border all the way north to the Gotthard Pass, and the A13 which starts a bit north of Bellinzona and runs north-east to the San Bernardino Pass. There is no need for the vignette on all of the other roads in the Ticino.

Colin A
Colin A
2 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 8:48 PM in reply to Peterli

Thanks Peterli, this is much appreciated. Kind regards, Colin

Peterli
Peterli
552 posts
top member
Jul 11, 2018 - 1:37 AM

Hello again,

About 1,6 kilometres after you cross the Italian/Swiss border, you will come to a bifurcation in the road, with a simple sign pointing to the left with the word Gandria. At the very top there are some places for parking. I suggest that you park here and walk down the narrow road to visit Gandria. Automobile access below this place at the top is restricted. You will not be disappointed with what you see here. If you "google" or "google image" the word Gandria you will see what I mean. Gandria can also be reached by boat from Lugano, in case you are going to be in the area for a while.

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2018 - 6:10 AM in reply to Colin A

Hi Colin and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Be sure to read through our travel by car section on the website. We list some tips on driving here, traffic regulations, maps and more details on the vignette.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/car

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018