New hiking bridge near Zermatt - world's longest

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
jlovda
jlovda
38 posts
Aug 1, 2017 - 2:18 AM

Anyone know more about this?

www.cnn.com/2017/07/31 /design/longest-pedestrian-suspension-bridge-switzerland/index.html ?sr=fbCNN073117longest-pedestrian-suspension-bridge-switzerland0915AMStory Link

Is it in the middle of nowhere for hikers only or can it be reached easily from Randa? I wonder how much it costs to cross?

Last modified on Aug 1, 2017 - 2:56 AM by jlovda
Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Aug 1, 2017 - 6:34 AM in reply to jlovda

Hi jlovda,

Yes we just heard about it here the other day. Maggie, another member posted it here as well.
It isn't too close to Zermatt itself I understand but I don't believe there is any cost....

Cheers!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Aug 1, 2017 - 7:22 AM in reply to jlovda

>> Is it in the middle of nowhere for hikers only or can it be reached easily from Randa?

Apparently it's around 2.5 hours walk from Randa, or 6-7 hours walking time from Grächen and Zermatt. The route is described as a demanding mountain hike.

Details in German are here:

www.europaweg.ch/medie nmitteilung-eroeffnung-laengste-haengebruecke-der-welt/

There's also a video here. The rockfall visible on the other side of the valley in the opening shot looks like it could be the Randa rockfall from 1991.

www.aargauerzeitung.ch /schweiz/weltrekord-494-meter-lange-fussgaenger-haengebruecke-im-wallis-eroeffnet-131565731

Alpenrose

Last modified on Aug 1, 2017 - 7:43 AM by Removed user

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019