New Schilthorn cable car reservation process

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rhondaw1958
rhondaw1958
6 posts
May 26, 2018 - 11:01 PM in reply to Removed user

It looks like there is a bus from Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg that says it arrives at Stechelberg, Schilthornbahn at 7:47. Is it reasonable to get a reserved time to the Schilthorn at 7:55? Are the two places right next to each other? Or should we get the next later time to make sure we have time to make it?

Thanks!

rockoyster
rockoyster
4066 posts
expert
May 26, 2018 - 11:11 PM in reply to rhondaw1958

The bus stops at the Schilthornbahn.

charwinelove
charwinelove
53 posts
May 27, 2018 - 9:36 AM

I purchased boarding passes yesterday. For the return I did Schilthorn to Murren. Before checkout they offer a "free option" for a ticket from Murren to Stechelberg too. I didn't select this as I was planning on walking through town and getting the train and to Grutschalp and then cable car from there to Lauterbrunnen. I am assuming the this option is still available and the "free option" was something new.

Gail
Gail
33 posts
May 29, 2018 - 6:57 PM in reply to TimO

Thanks Tim. I did read that you needed to get tickets even with the STP. Good reminder.

Gail

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018