New Year”s Eve in Luzern – fireworks?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 7:22:36 #811868

Hi

I will be in Luzern on new year eve. I’m wondering if there is any firework during midnight. If there is, where is a good spot to be?

Cheers

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 8:12:58 #863497

Hi Jen,

Here is some information about what happened last New Year’s Eve.

http://www.luzern.com/en/neuj ahrszauber-feuerwerk

If you check this site closer to the time, hopefully they will update it with details for New Year 2018.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 3:02:11 #863498

Hi Alpenrose

Thank you for the quick response. I looked through the website, and noticed that these are hotels offering special menus. One thing I can tell is that there will be fireworks, though I am wondering if there is an area for general public to view the fireworks? Or do I just need to be around the Chapel Bridge area?

Cheers

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 8:01:49 #863499

Yes, the bridge would be a good area. The fireworks are over the lake near the town centre, so anywhere along the waterfront there should be great. I’m not sure if they set up a public viewing area – if there is, there will be signs when you are there.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2017 at 10:43:37 #863500

Thanks alot, Lucas!

• The thread ‘New Year”s Eve in Luzern – fireworks?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.