Not sure, should I visit Jungfrau due to clouds?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 17:10:08 #815961

Hi

I am already in Switzerland and so far seen Titlis and Luzern ,also today visited mount Rigi.My main accommodation is in Wolhusen.

While we enjoyed Titlis ,trip to Mount Rigi was bit disappointing as we could not see anything from Top due to thick dense Fog.

I have 2 more days in hand and I have already booked Golden pass train from Luzern to Interlaken for tomorrow morning travel i.e. on 15th May. I had planned to visit Jungfrau tomorrow (15th May)and stay at night at Interlaken.Then next day morning (16th May) plan to see some village near Interlaken and see Bern and return to wolhusen late evening .Then next day departing to Zurich.

I checked the weather forecast and both days i.e. 15th and 16th it shows clouds and no sun shine.

Looking at my today’s not so good experience at Rigi due to clouds ,I am in dillema whether to visit Jungfrau in such cloudy weather. Not sure I will get the nice view.

Would request a guidance on below.

Should I continue my plan to visit Jungfrau with a expectation that travelling to and fro to Jungfrau will be exciting even though view from Jungfrau may not be good due to Fog.

OR

Should I drop Jungfrau and look at some other option like Montereux etc (Considering I have already booked Golden pass train and hotel at Interlaken on 15th.

Please suggest me right options considering above situation.

Thanks in advance and request an early response as I have to decide to night or tomorrow morning.

Regards

Kiran

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 20:00:38 #885164

Hi Kiran,

I’ve never been to Jungfraujoch yet as I believe it is too touristy and I’m not sure if I would find it worth the money as it is an expensive trip. I’m sure I will go one day. And when I go, I want to make sure the weather is absolutely fine. If I were you, I would check a webcam tomorrow morning. I checked a few other ones today, and the weather in the mountains is just not good. No views at all. If there’s a lot of fog, I would skip Jungfraujoch, but in the end it’s a personal choice. Recently someone commented that he had a great trip, regardless the bad weather.

The weather in Montreux doesn’t look promising either tomorrow. When traveling the Golden Pass route you could consider a visit to the chocolate factory in Broc.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 20:07:33 #885165

Thanks Chantal for quick reply.

Checking web cam is a good idea and will help me take decision at Interlaken.

In case I decide to skip Jungfrau ,how about visiting any small town like Mitten ,Grindel Grin etc?

Also would request to share the details of the chocolate factory like ,which train goes there ? Where to get down ,Is it covered in Swiss travel pass?

Thanks in advance

Kiram

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2018 at 20:47:52 #885166

Yes, you could visit Wengen, Grindelwald etc. But when it’s wet, it’s of course not so nice.

For the chocolate factory you head for Broc (Broc-Fabrique). Use the timetable to plan your trip: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable. More information on the factory: cailler.ch/fr/maison-cailler/la-chocolaterie-suisse/.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 3:38:03 #885167

Thanks a lot for advice

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 8:42:04 #885168

Chantal,

does the view improve in June in which case is the Early Bird ticket a good option?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 9:00:45 #885169

Hi Steve,

No idea. The weather is very unpredictable. Checking the forecast close to the day of travel is best all year round.

• The thread ‘Not sure, should I visit Jungfrau due to clouds?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.