Offline train, bus and boat timetable?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2017 at 18:01:37 #810555

Hi all, i wanted to know if there is any offline train/bus/boat pass available for Switzerland? The mobile application of sbb seems to be online. I am looking for some pdf time table of all trains.

let me know in case anyone has such details.

dharmesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 January 2017 at 10:28:36 #857957

Hi Dharmesh,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You can download timetables here: http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ en/welcome.html.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2017 at 9:52:56 #857958

There is around 200mb data. Post downloading there are many pdf files in it. I did not understand anything.

Is there some mobile app or will a rail time table book is available online tat i can buy?

or any other solution to access rail timetable without internet on mobile?

thx

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2017 at 16:05:36 #857959

Hi Dharmesh5,

Most large train stations in Switzerland do provide pocket timetables for you.

Try this link and click on the letter for the corresponding town you are looking for. It’s another PDF timetable you can print and hopefully works for you.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2017 at 14:18:18 #857960

>> or any other solution to access rail timetable without internet on mobile?

Hi Dharmesh5,

Will you have internet access in your hotel?

If you use the SBB Mobile app to find suitable services/connections while you are in the hotel, you could save the details to your device for offline reference during the day.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2017 at 8:55:13 #857961

Hi again Dharmesh5,

Further to Alpenrose666, take a look at our prepaid SIM and WiFi hotspot information page for further details. There is a 10% discount on right now for the “Travelers WiFi” product.

Regards,
    Lucas

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 January 2017 at 8:59:02 #857962

Hi Dharmesh5-

<<“There is around 200mb data. Post downloading there are many pdf files in it. “>>

There are a lot of trains in Switzerland. 😉

The paper version of the timetable ( 2017 is the last year it will be published) is a book of 2303 pages, approximately 5 cm. thick. Actually, there are about 20 more blank pages at the back for taking notes, so it actually has about 2320 pages.

You can buy it at any train station, and for about 16 CHF total cost you also get 2 additional books about 10-12 cm thick, total for those 2, showing all the bus lines, too. It does not require internet or telephone access. It does require a strong back to carry all that paper. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Offline train, bus and boat timetable?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.