Recommendations for waterproof day bag Swiss Alps?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BarSal
BarSal
107 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Having embraced the layer, four season philosophy of dressing, I find I am in need of a lightweight waterproof pack-pack that will fold flat inside my luggage yet hold everything necessary for any event on a day trip.

Alpenrose recently had great advice on shoes. Does anyone have a great day-trip lightweight portable bag they can recommend?

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Feb 17, 2018 - 12:39 AM in reply to BarSal

>> I find I am in need of a lightweight waterproof pack-pack that will fold flat inside my luggage yet hold everything necessary for any event on a day trip.

There are a couple of Sea to Summit lightweight day packs that might suit:

www.paddypallin.com.au /equipment/luggage/tra vel-daypacks.html?brand=101

Alpenrose

BarSal
BarSal
107 posts
Feb 17, 2018 - 1:18 AM in reply to Removed user

Thx Alpenrose - I thought you might be my 'go-to-girl', I have a hedgren cross body bag that I use cruising galleries and museums but once you factor in the waterproof jacket something roomier is required.

These look great! Thank you :-)

PS: I have my shoes sorted and ordered the scarpa ones for my husband.

Nevertoolate
Nevertoolate
46 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 1:37 PM

Hyperlite makes excellent water proof, ultralight packs that take up little space. Check out the 2400 Windrider and the Daypack. A bit more expensive, but great packs for day and overnight travel.

www.hyperlitemountaing ear.com/ultralight-backpacks.html

BarSal
BarSal
107 posts
Feb 19, 2018 - 5:39 AM in reply to Nevertoolate

Thx Nevertoolate (great name!)

Sensational selection there ... I think I would have to be committed to quite a few more adventures to invest in one - but for the serious hikers a great investment!

We settled on this 22 litre model weighing 90g at $A59 - for our dozen or so day trips during our time in Switzerland

www.paddypallin.com.au /sea-to-summit-ultra-sil-dry-daypack.html

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019