Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi with Half Fare Card?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 May 2018 at 19:45:45 #816258

We are three adults travelling to Switzerland from 16th to 22nd June. Tour has been booked by a local agency.

On 16th June we will travel by train from Paris to Interlaken via Basel.

17th we will make Jungfraujoch excursion.

18th June is a free day.

On 19th we will go to Lucerne by Golden Pass Train.

On 20th June we will go to Mount Pilatus.

On 21st we will go to Mount Titlis.

Tour agent has given us

Swiss Transfer Ticket combi with Half Fare card (which needs to be validated 3 times)

Reserved ticket from Paris to Basel and reservation on Golden Pass train from Interlaken to Lucerne

Tickets for excursions to Jungfraujoch, Mount Pilatus and Mount Titlis.

I was told that I should validate it on first day while travelling from Basel to Interlaken and on 2nd time while travelling from Interlaken to Lucerne and 3rd validation while going back from Lucerne to Zurich.

My question is can I use this combi ticket containing HFC to buy tickets for Schilthorn on 18th June at 50% discount. I tried to get this information but no one could help me.

If this HFC can be used only three times then it will be economical to buy train tickets from Lucerne to Zurich and use this to buy tickets to Schilthorn on 18th June which is a free day.

Some people are telling this combi pass has been discontinued so I am confused. I am attaching picture of combi ticket. Please guide me.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 May 2018 at 6:32:36 #886492

Hi Jainpatti,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi has indeed been discontinued several years ago, with the exception of travel agencies. They can still issue tailor made tickets if needed. It looks like you got one of those, but quite a special one, with not two (which is normal for a regular Swiss Transfer Ticket), but three travel days.

I am 99% sure that your ticket includes 3 days of unlimited travel (not on mountain railways like Jungfraujoch), plus discounts on any tickets you buy during your stay in Switzerland on any day. So yes, you can buy discounted tickets to Schilthorn on June 18.

Your travel agent should be able to confirm all of this. I assume they issued this special version because it fits your itinerary. I think it would have made sense to get you an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass though. Much simpler, and Schilthorn would have been included for free, as well as many museums.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 7:21:03 #886493

Thanks Arno for quick reply.

So I will buy rail ticket from Lucerne to Zurich at my own on 22nd of June and use the spare day on this combi ticket on 18th June to go to Schilthorn and save some money.

Does it make sense to make reservation for Schilthorn trip as I came to know from one of the threads.

Thanks once again.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 May 2018 at 9:38:28 #886494

Hi Jainpatti,

Getting the reserved boarding pass for Schilthorn works well if you want to make sure you are on (or getting off) the mountain at a certain time or just don’t want to worry about long lines for the cable car.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2018 at 10:20:10 #886495

Thanks for giving this useful information.

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi with Half Fare Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.