On the day seat reservations for Jungfraujoch

• MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    26 January 2019 at 12:47:50 #819626

Hi,

I’m travelling to Jungfraujoch with the Jungfrau Travel Pass this summer. Can I buy the connecting ticket for the Jungfrau Travel Pass and the train seat reservations on the morning of the day of travel at Grindelwald station ticket counter? Just because I want to be sure that the weather is good. By the way, does the Jungfrau Travel Pass cover the Grindelwaldbus buses (121, 122, 123, 126, 127, 128)?

Thank you in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2019 at 17:10:36 #902889

Hi Miguel,

Yes, buses are included, see here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass/valid ity

You don’t need train reservations for Jungfraujoch so you can buy tickets the morning of (and reservations if you want): http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets

MS320
    Participant
    60 posts
    26 January 2019 at 17:39:36 #902890

So it means that I can buy the reservation in the morning too, right? I just want to go straight to the train at Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch, but to be sure that the weather is good I can just by the reservations in the morning. Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2019 at 17:42:52 #902891

Assuming there are seats available to reserve you should be able to make reservations on the same day, yes.

Like I said, it probably isn’t needed. But you can always ask them how busy certain train looks with reservations and decide then if you want to reserve or not.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 January 2019 at 20:13:01 #902892

Hello Miguel,

You might want to read about how these reservations work in practice at bit.ly/2JQKKSh.

• The thread ‘On the day seat reservations for Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.