One Country Pass Switzerland – not sold at SBB?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 13:12:52 #812859

Hi there,

I’m an Irish resident and just arrived in Switzerland and wanted to buy a One Country Pass Switzerland at a trainstation (SBB).

They said it was not possible to get one here? I am very confused!

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    5 August 2017 at 18:07:25 #867936

Hi Nina91,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! A “One Country Pass” is Eurail terminology and they might have assumed you were asking for a Eurail Pass. Indeed there is no Eurail pass for Switzerland only. There are several that combine Switzerland with surrounding countries, but even those are mostly purchased online and not at train stations.

If you want a public transport pass for all of Switzerland you need a Swiss Travel Pass. Be sure that ask for exactly that, not for a Swiss Pass as that’s something else (for Swiss residents only). Didn’t they offer you a Swiss Travel Pass instead?

You can buy a Swiss Travel Pass at staffed train stations during opening hours, or online and print it at home. Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price for all options.

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 23:15:58 #867937

Hi there

I actually got it this evening, I went from a small town to Zurich airport SBB where they understood what I was talking about.. 🙂

http://www.interrail.eu/en/in terrail-passes/one-country-pass/switzerland

Got 4 days for 111euro or , 121 franks

Arno
    15478 posts
    6 August 2017 at 7:22:30 #867938

Ah, yes! If you are a resident of Europe you can indeed buy an Interrail Switzerland Pass. Is does not cover as much as the Swiss Travel Pass, but all main train lines are included. I’m glad it’s solved, enjoy your trips!

• The thread ‘One Country Pass Switzerland – not sold at SBB?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.