One day trip to jungfrau from lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2013 at 8:25:08 #806121

Hello. I plan to spend 2 night in switzerland on this weekend namely 27 till 29 july 2013. My itinery is that
    1. 27 july i will go to zurich and then spend the night in lucerne
    2. 28 july i will plan to jungfrau for one day trip and stay in lucerne
    3. 29 july i will look around lucerne

My question is that i will go with 2 other my friends to jungfrau for one day trip. What is the cheapest transportation to go there from lucerne? Which one is better going by ourself or following the tour like in viator??
    Actually, i want also skiing on the top of jungfrau. Is it possible??
    I need someone to help my itinery..
    Thank you so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    23 July 2013 at 12:25:35 #839091

Hi Raymond,

A Swiss Half Fare Card would save you money, please see here for all details. Tour versus self-guided is a matter of personal preference. In the end, you’ll travel on the same Jungfrau railway. The main difference I think is that Viator offers a bus tour, so you’ll only travel by train during the last leg. When going on your own, you would travel by train all the way and you’re more flexible.

You can’t ski on the Jungfrau. You can do a short hike in the snow, and there may be other snow activities, I’m not sure.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2013 at 16:14:49 #839092

Thank you Arno for the information. So, in the Jungfrau, i can still play in the snow, right? btw, I’m a little bit confused. If i buy the Swiss Half Fare Card, it cost 120 CHF and then I buy the ticket from luzern via brunig – interlaken OST – Grindewald or Lauterbrunnen – Kleine Scheidegg and return to luzern with the cost 129.80 CHF. So the total cost is 249.80 CHF right? But, when i search with the packet Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch, I get the price 58.60 CHF with Swiss Half Fare Card (the route is From Luzern via BRÜNIG-INTERLAKEN OST-GRINDELWALD-AND/FROM-MEIRINGEN-BRÜNIG return to Luzern) (reference: https://leisure1.sbb.ch/selection/package?productId=347946320). So, the total is 178.60 CHF. My question is that why there are a far difference between the first itinerary and the second?
    And the last question can i get discount price if i am travelling together with 2 people?
    Thank you very much for your kindness!

Arno
    15482 posts
    24 July 2013 at 3:58:14 #839093

Hi Raymond,

The first price you mentioned is correct. The page you got the second price from is offering a bus tour over the Grosse Scheidegg pass to Grindelwald. The Jungfraujoch is not included.

Discounts for traveling together only applies to the Swiss Saver Pass and Swiss Saver Flexi Pass.

Arno
    15482 posts
    26 July 2013 at 6:39:38 #839094

Hi again Raymond,

I just heard about the Snow Fun Park at the Jungfraujoch, which is relatively new I guess. So you can do some skiing, snowboarding and sledging. Don’t expect long slopes like in the Winter sports season, but you can have some fun up there.

Enjoy the trip!

• The thread ‘One day trip to jungfrau from lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.