Online booking for Gornergrat Bahn and Jungfraujoc

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
billcoke
billcoke
42 posts
Apr 24, 2012 - 1:11 AM
Hi Arno,
1. We will be traveling to Switzerland in Sep/Oct month. Understand the tickets for both the above mountain trains can be purchased at the stations itself. Are there real benefits if I booked the tickets online via their websites? Would there be cases that their trains would be fully booked during the Sept/Oct months?

2. I'm also trying to make online booking for point-to-point train ticket from Zermatt to Geneva for Sept/Oct month, but the website only allow advance booking up to one month in advance, so I would need to wait till Aug to get the tickets. Would they mail the tickets to me by post or it is a e-ticket that I can print from the website?
billcoke
billcoke
42 posts
Apr 25, 2012 - 1:17 AM
Hi,
Anybody has comments on the above?
Annika
Annika
5006 posts
expert &
Apr 25, 2012 - 9:35 AM
Hi Bill. Don't worry, all questions will be answered here, but it may take a few days. You don't have to book your Gornergrat and Jungfraujoch tickets in advance. Trains won't be full in September or October. You don't have to book for Zermatt-Geneva either. Your reservation will either be sent to your home address (which can be pretty expensive) or you'll have to pick them up at a Swiss railway station.
billcoke
billcoke
42 posts
Apr 25, 2012 - 1:24 PM
Many thanks Annika, thought you guys were away for hiking holiday in Switzerland. :-)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019