Online map of Swiss hiking trails

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
stodgytj
stodgytj
29 posts
Jun 29, 2018 - 8:42 PM

Someone (Rockoyster?) provided a link to an online resource of most Swiss hiking trails. I cannot find the link and wondered if anyone could provide the link. It's a great resource that shows almost all improved hiking trails in the Berner Oberland which is where we stay most of the time. If anyone can provide a link to the online map of Swiss hiking trails it would be appreciated.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4015 posts
expert
Jun 29, 2018 - 10:43 PM in reply to stodgytj

Not me, not much of a hiker. Probably Slowpoke or Arno but maybe you mean this bit.ly/2tPuART

stodgytj
stodgytj
29 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 12:40 AM

That's it. Many thanks. We're heading back in September / October. In April all the higher trails were closed due to snow.

Arno
Arno
11345 posts
expert &
Jun 30, 2018 - 9:15 AM

That's a good map indeed, and they have an app too. You'll find the link to this app and more here: www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/practic al/websites. I've tried their subscription "SwitzerlandMobility Plus" which allows you to draw and save you own hikes and display them in the app as you walk. The costs are CHF 35 per year. I liked it, the only thing I wish it would do is zoom in more (only an issue in towns/cities).

I also still like the paper maps: www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maps.

Last modified on Jun 30, 2018 - 9:16 AM by Arno
stodgytj
stodgytj
29 posts
Jun 30, 2018 - 6:55 PM in reply to Arno

Arno,

Many thanks. We tend to plan our hikes the day before using the online map and paper maps. The trails are usually very well marked and if anything goes wrong there's always a St.Bernard with a cask of brandy........

Lucas
Lucas
9577 posts
expert &
Jul 1, 2018 - 6:40 AM in reply to stodgytj

I wish they still did that! :)

rockoyster
rockoyster
4015 posts
expert
Jul 1, 2018 - 6:48 AM in reply to Lucas

LOL. Getting lost was becoming addictive to some folk!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018