Online map of Swiss hiking trails

• stodgytj
    Participant
    52 posts
    29 June 2018 at 20:42:09 #816968

Someone (Rockoyster?) provided a link to an online resource of most Swiss hiking trails. I cannot find the link and wondered if anyone could provide the link. It’s a great resource that shows almost all improved hiking trails in the Berner Oberland which is where we stay most of the time. If anyone can provide a link to the online map of Swiss hiking trails it would be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    29 June 2018 at 22:43:12 #889747

Not me, not much of a hiker. Probably Slowpoke or Arno but maybe you mean this bit.ly/2tPuART

stodgytj
    Participant
    52 posts
    30 June 2018 at 0:40:18 #889748

That’s it. Many thanks. We’re heading back in September / October. In April all the higher trails were closed due to snow.

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 June 2018 at 9:15:50 #889749

That’s a good map indeed, and they have an app too. You’ll find the link to this app and more here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/practic al/websites. I’ve tried their subscription “SwitzerlandMobility Plus” which allows you to draw and save you own hikes and display them in the app as you walk. The costs are CHF 35 per year. I liked it, the only thing I wish it would do is zoom in more (only an issue in towns/cities).

I also still like the paper maps: http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maps.

stodgytj
    Participant
    52 posts
    30 June 2018 at 18:55:31 #889750

Arno,

Many thanks. We tend to plan our hikes the day before using the online map and paper maps. The trails are usually very well marked and if anything goes wrong there’s always a St.Bernard with a cask of brandy……..

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2018 at 6:40:01 #889751

I wish they still did that! 🙂

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 July 2018 at 6:48:33 #889752

LOL. Getting lost was becoming addictive to some folk!

• The thread ‘Online map of Swiss hiking trails’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.