Online purchase of Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
richardboyd
richardboyd
2 posts
Jul 9, 2015 - 10:58 AM

Hi, I am travelling on Saturday (group of 3) and wanted to buy the Swiss transfer ticket combi - the transfer ticket with the half fare card at the discounted rate of CHF 201

Is it possible to do this with a print online version (due to the short time available). I tried to do so on rail.ch but whilst it would let me add the two individual items to a shopping basket - they remained at the full price and I did not seem to get the normal discount - is it possible to obtain this discount and if so how?

alternatively, if I buy the Swiss transfer ticket online at the full price, would I subsequently be able to buy a discounted half fare card when I reach Switzerland - I presume they have to both be purchased at the same time Many thanks

Richard Boyd

Annika
Annika
6068 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your post! Rail.ch is a site for Swiss citizens, you can't purchase the tourist passes there. In the UK you can get it through www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk/en/node/272. However, it's too late now to get a pass for Saturday as all passes require a bit of processing time, even if they send it through e-mail to print it yourself. This pass is not available in Switzerland either. My suggestion would be to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card at a rail station in Switzerland, and use it for your inbound and outbound transfers as well.

By the way, buying one pass to get a discount on the other won't work. The discount is only available if your purchase the combined Combi pass.

I hope this was useful!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 12:18 PM by Arno
richardboyd
richardboyd
2 posts
Jul 9, 2015 - 12:05 PM in reply to Annika

many thanks, that was what I had thought (al though the rail.CH site let me get all the way to the credit card details entry screen - having entered passport details - and having used a drop down box to choose GB as country of residence - so I think I could have bought each card separately even if it is designed for Swiss citizens - but the combination option wasn't shown

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019