Only 2 days in Switzerland in Nov. – what to see?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2017 at 15:34:00 #813555

My husband & I are going to be in Switzerland on Sun-Mon 11/5-11/6. We’ll be renting a car & coming from my niece’s home in Montbeliard, France. I was planning to hit several spots along the way from Chatuea de Chillon, to Gruyere Castle to Bern & ending in Thun on Sunday. Monday would be Interlaken to Lucerne & ending in Zurich, late Monday evening. We fly home to Minnesota early Tues. morning. I’ve been told that it may be rainy/foggy here at this time, so not to plan to go up too high into the mountains. But if it’s clear, I was thinking of going to the Schilthorn revolving restaurant for an hour or so. I know this is an ambitious plan, but decided if it’s too much we’ll just do the things we want to for sure first, in case time gets away from us. Any advice?

Thanks!! Laura

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2017 at 17:30:54 #871217

Hi Laura and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I would first recommend using the train system here in Switzerland over a rental car. Have you already booked a car? Pick up in France and drop off in Zurich?

It is quite a bit of driving you have planned (Montbeliard to Montreux is about 3 hours) plus time spent at each location. If you left out Thun or Bern the first day might work out ok. On Monday you may want to head straight to Lauterbrunnen to park the car and try to head up to Schilthorn. After that you could see Interlaken or Thun / Brienz before heading to Zurich. Be sure to use something like Google Maps to help plan your driving times etc. Some people don’t mind long days of driving and others don’t like it – I can’t say if it is best for you.

If you go by rail (usually a much better idea here) you can use the timetable to plan everything out.

• The thread ‘Only 2 days in Switzerland in Nov. – what to see?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.