Open hikes in Switzerland in May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ariana M
Ariana M
4 posts
Apr 25, 2018 - 1:18 PM

Hello,

I am traveling to Switzerland in a few weeks (mid May, May15to May 20) and my biggest point of interest is hiking- seeing nature. I have read that there are trails that could still be closed during this time is there a way/place I can find out which hiking trails are open so I can plan my trip accordingly.

The places I am interested in hiking are:

First-Bachsee-First

Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg

Schynige Platte// Panoramaweg

Mt. Pilatus

Rotenboden to Riffelsee

Osechinen Lake

Or are there hikes that you can suggest around the area of: Lugano, Zurich, Lucerne, Bern, Geneva. Zermatt, Interlaken, Grindelwald, and Lanterbrunnen

Thank you.

1960man
1960man
745 posts
top member
Apr 26, 2018 - 12:22 AM

All the paths on your main list you risk still having snow

Lower altitude walking would avoid this risk.

Switzerland is covered in 1000s of walking paths, very difficult to give advice on a broad selection of placenames in your second list.

Try this:

www.schweizmobil.ch/en /summer.html

Lucas
Lucas
9883 posts
expert &
Apr 26, 2018 - 4:13 AM in reply to Ariana M

Hi Ariana M,

Have a look at our hiking page for more details on hiking suggestions. You'll want to avoid planning trips to trails around 2000 meters or more as they will probably be closed. You may luck out under that elevation though.

Best to check with the local tourism office in each town to see what is available to you when you are there. Areas like Lugano and Geneva have lower elevation mountains where hiking/walking trails are more readily available to you.

Have a look also at our what to do page for natural sites. Some of the lower mountains, like Rigi, near Lucerne will have some nice hikes available to you.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018