Orange holiday sim vs. travelers WiFi coverage

Orange holiday sim vs. travelers WiFi coverage

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 1, 2018 - 1:26 PM

Hi, we will be traveling France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, & Spain. We were planning on traveler’s global WiFi hotspot, but then found the orange holiday sim, which seems to cover these countries as well, and would be much cheaper, and provide phone call capability. But would the orange sim provide as good of coverage on trains, in mountains, etc? Thanks for any help.

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2018 - 6:21 AM in reply to Removed user

Hi Eurodani,

I can't say unfortunately as to the quality of Orange as I haven't used the their SIM before. I've used the Traveler's WiFi product and thought it was fantastic.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 2, 2018 - 2:38 PM

Thank you, I think we will stick with travelers WiFi.

mestettler
mestettler
4 posts
Jul 3, 2018 - 12:44 PM

I purchased the Travelers WiFi HotSpot and it works really well, even in the mountains.

When the device failed to work for two days, Travelers contacted me immediately by email and offered me a replacement and no charge for the days I had no service. I would definitely recommend the Travelers WiFi HotSpot.

Judy52
Judy52
77 posts
Jul 4, 2018 - 12:59 AM

We’re also considering which data sim card to get. As we’re going to Switzerland, Austria and Germany over six weeks, the Traveller’s wifi hot spot will be too expensive.

It looks as if Three UK Europe 30 day 12gb data sim card would be suitable. Has anyone used that?

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018