Our Switzerland train adventure in January

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 February 2020 at 22:05:51 #929798

whats your thoughts chur-konztanz-zurich train

Well, I’m probably not the best person to ask as I have a complete aversion to moving from one place to another on a daily basis. I like to establish a base and explore out of there.

If I was going to spend 4 days I’d probably stay in Luzern and get a 4-day Tell Pass and just do free excursions on that for 4 days. You could even do a return trip to the Oberalp Pass if the GEX route is your thing.

Yes, Swiss Travel Pass covers boats. Tell Pass covers pretty much everything.

August_West
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 April 2020 at 23:32:02 #929799

Hello,

In early stages planning Swiss/Italian Vacation (late2021).After pandemic is over!

Your trip itinerary sounds very helpful.

Hope all readers & families are healthy and keeping safe.

August West

Rels
    Participant
    139 posts
    25 April 2020 at 6:08:27 #929800

Hi Tonyw,

Sounds like you have an amazing trip planned, and hope the world is open again by October! We were in Chur and Lucerne last year, here’s the link to that part of our trip

http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/trip-report-day-1-7-zurich-st-gallen-appenzell

The link to the report on our time in Luzern is

http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/final-trip-report-day-29-36-wengen-to-zurich

Photos are attached further down in the comments.

Regards,

Narelle

Anna
    6355 posts
    25 April 2020 at 7:27:51 #929801

Thanks for sharing the links Narelle!

Regards

Anna

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘Our Switzerland train adventure in January’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.