Day trip Outlet Malls/Factory Outlets from Zurich

• JudyWong
    Participant
    24 posts
    2 June 2017 at 18:48:08 #812088

Hi there

Wonder if there is any service provider that provides shuttle bus or day trip to outlet malls/factory outlets from Zurich? If yes, kindly provide the contacts details i.e. email address and names for our immediate enquiry and booking in time for our stay in Zurich in 2 days time. Outlet Malls/factory outlets that house many different brands of apparels, bags, shoes, sports etc at a very good discounts/bargains.

If none, how could we get to (a) the nearest outlet malls; and (b) the largest outlet malls from Zurich? We would need to rely on public transport preferably via train so that we could optimise our swiss half fare cards/pass.

Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 June 2017 at 8:50:37 #864355

Hi Judy,

A well known outlet shopping mall is Foxtown near Lugano. It is very easy to reach by train. You reach the mall on foot within minutes from the train stop Mendrisio S. Martino. Check the timetable for how to get there.

Strangely I could only find a bus tour from Milan: http://www.viator.com/tours/M ilan/Foxtown-Outlet-Shopping-Tour/d512-2872ZV22.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 10:04:12 #864356

Hi Judy,

I know of no outlet malls in the Zurich area – it isn’t really something that is done here. However, having said that I did find this website (https://www.outlet-malls.eu/swiss) so there are some here!

The closest to Zurich is in Solothurn – about 1 hour by train from Zurich.

JudyWong
    Participant
    24 posts
    4 June 2017 at 19:40:49 #864357

Hi Lucas

What is the name of the outlet mall in Solothurn? Do I look for train from Zurich SB to Solothurn? Appreciate more details for me to find out way there tomorrow afternoon. Many thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 8:58:01 #864358

Hi Judy,

The details are on the link I gave you – it is called Schonenwerd Fashion Fish Outlet.

Use the SBB timetable here to plan the journey to Solothurn. Enter Zurich main station to: Parkstrasse 1
    CH-5012 Schönenwerd (the mall address). Depending on the train it will take 40 to 55 minutes one-way and it is a 5 minute walk to the mall from where you get off the train at Schönenwerd, SO.

• The thread ‘Day trip Outlet Malls/Factory Outlets from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.