Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Arno
Arno
11361 posts
expert &
Jul 9, 2018 - 10:39 AM

Hello travelers,

The Swiss Travel System passes slightly change every year. You can find the changes for 2019 below.

Swiss Travel Pass

• Regarding mountain excursions, the offer will be back to what it was a few years ago: only the ride to Mount Rigi will be free. The trips to Brunni, Schilthorn and Stanserhorn will be 50% discounted. Other mountain excursions will be discounted like in 2018: mostly 50%, Jungfraujoch free until Wengen/Grindelwald and 25% discounted thereafter.
  • No changes to the free coverage of trains, boats and buses that we know of. No changes to free museums entry either.
  • Prices 2nd class: CHF 232 (3 days), 281 (4 days), 418 (8 days), 513 (15 days).
  • Prices 1st class: CHF 369 (3 days), 447 (4 days), 663 (8 days), 810 (15 days).

www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

Swiss Travel Pass Flex

• The Swiss Travel Pass changes apply to the Swiss Travel Pass Flex too.
  • Prices 2nd class: CHF 267 (3 days), 323 (4 days), 467 (8 days), 563 (15 days).
  • Prices 1st class: CHF 424 (3 days), 514 (4 days), 742 (8 days), 890 (15 days).

www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex

Swiss Half Fare Card

No changes

www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard

Swiss Transfer Ticket

This product will no longer be available. We recommend the Swiss Half Fare Card or Saver Day Pass instead.

www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket

Swiss Family Card

No changes.

www.myswissalps.com/sw issfamilycard

Other passes (not Swiss Travel System)

--- Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland ---

• Prices 2nd class: CHF 210 (3 days, new!), 250 (4 days), 310 (6 days), 350 (8 days), 390 (10 days).
  • Prices 1st class: CHF 252 (3 days, new!), 300 (4 days), 372 (6 days), 420 (8 days), 468 (10 days).

www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and

--- Tell-Pass Summer ---

• Prices 2nd class: CHF 180 (2 days), 210 (3 days), 230 (4 days), 240 (5 days), 300 (10 days).

www.myswissalps.com/te llpass

--- Tell-Pass Winter ---

• Prices 2nd class: CHF 110 (2 days), 140 (3 days), 160 (4 days), 170 (5 days), 220 (10 days).

www.myswissalps.com/te llpasswinter

--- Regional Pass Lake Geneva - Alps ---

• Prices 2nd class: CHF 105 (5 days), 130 (7 days).
  • Prices 1st class: CHF 155 (5 days), 190 (7 days).

www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpasslakegeneva

Questions

If you have questions about the pass changes, please feel free to post them here. For other questions, e.g. "which pass is best for me?", please post a new thread.

Last modified on Sep 27, 2018 - 1:35 PM by Arno
jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
72 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 3:37 PM

I read the below mentioned article some days back.it said no changes in the price.

www.thelocal.ch/201804 23/swiss-train-prices-will-not-go-up-in-2019-transport-switzerland-sbb

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 3:53 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

Yes, general ticket prices are not set to rise in 2019 but that is separate from rail passes like the Swiss Travel Pass.

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
72 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 3:59 PM

So they want to cash in with the influx of more tourists, strange

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 4:09 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

Yes. That is the business. :) It is a shame that the price is going up but that is pretty common everywhere.

What is really surprising is that general ticket prices aren't going up. But the Swiss public has been very vocal recently about the constant price increases and Swiss railways is actually listening to them now.

I suppose if enough tourists complained, or stopped buying Swiss Travel Passes, prices would drop eventually.

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
72 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 4:36 PM

Where to complain?

Arno
Arno
11361 posts
expert &
Jul 10, 2018 - 4:43 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

Hi Jantinsmehta,

Swiss Travel System AG is in charge of these passes, you can contact them here if you wish: www.mystsnet.com/en/co ntact/contact-form/.

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
72 posts
Jul 10, 2018 - 5:48 PM

Thankyou guys,

Anything in particular to mention in my mail while sending them my feedback/complaint?

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Jul 11, 2018 - 6:16 AM in reply to jatinsmehta

Nothing in particular, other than your complaint.

Maybe if they get enough letters they will not raise the price next year. Very hard to say but it can't hurt!

In the end, tourism to Switzerland is booming and prices go up with demand.

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
72 posts
Jul 11, 2018 - 7:42 AM

Thanks guys,

I've sent a mail, will keep you posted of the feedback I receive.

tenkamuteki
tenkamuteki
4 posts
Jul 26, 2018 - 7:38 AM in reply to Arno

I've just joined and do allow me to say a big thank you to all who have contributed so much on all things Switzerland here!

Our family had a fantastic time when we visited back in mid-May and made very good use of info I read about in the forums here.

Regarding the mountain excursions for 2019, it's a real shame that only the ride to Mount Rigi will be free. I'm quite surprised they have taken away the free trips for Brunni, Schilthorn and Stanserhorn and not replaced it with free excursions to other mountains.

During the 10 days there, we made full use of the STP Flex and visited places like Mount Rigi, Schilthorn, Stanserhorn, Grindelwald and the very interesting Stools via the newest Stoosbahn, which was great!

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2018 - 12:58 PM in reply to tenkamuteki

Thanks tenkamuteki and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, it is a bit of a shame with the changes, but still a good product for most!

Happy Travels!

Radha M
Radha M
30 posts
Jul 26, 2018 - 5:00 PM

Hello tenkamuteki,

I am happy that you had great time in May while you were in Switzerland.

I have a question for you and Lucas. Where can I get information about "free trips for Brunni" as mentioned in your post. Please and Thank you.

We are travelling in September and we are planning to do Rigi, Schilthorn and Stanserhorn which is completely covered under STP.

Radha

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Jul 26, 2018 - 6:16 PM in reply to Radha M

Hi Radha,

Brunni is reached by bus and that route, and all routes covered by the Swiss Travel Pass can be found on the validity map here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

Radha M
Radha M
30 posts
Jul 26, 2018 - 7:48 PM in reply to Lucas

Perfect.

Thank you my friend.

tenkamuteki
tenkamuteki
4 posts
Jul 27, 2018 - 2:06 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the info! If I'm not mistaken, the cable car between Engelberg-Ristis is for free for SwissTravelPass holder, but for the chairlift up to the lake, the price is CHF 15.- for a return ticket. May visit Brunni on our next visit if it's still free then!

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Jul 27, 2018 - 5:31 AM in reply to tenkamuteki

Yes, most of the smaller cable cars on "local" mountains aren't fully covered by the STP but often discounted at least.Looks like you are correct with the discount: http://www.brunni.ch/e n/current-information/prices/sin gle-trips/

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Jul 27, 2018 - 5:34 AM in reply to Radha M

Hi Radha,

The cable way "Engelberg to Brunni" is discounted only but travel to Engelberg is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. That cableway was never free - just discounted.

tenkamuteki
tenkamuteki
4 posts
Jul 27, 2018 - 6:53 AM in reply to Lucas

Great, thanks! I wonder if the new Stoosbahn will remain free in 2019? Having read the trip report prior to the trip, we knew we had to try it. We had two return trips and our son was so excited about it. An amazing piece of engineering!

Last modified on Jul 27, 2018 - 6:59 AM by tenkamuteki
Arno
Arno
11361 posts
expert &
Jul 29, 2018 - 12:13 PM in reply to tenkamuteki

I'm quite sure it will stay free, as it's a ride to an inhabited area. Only the number of free rides to the peaks has been reduced.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018