Overview of the Swiss Travel System passes in 2019

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 December 2018 at 17:14:33 #890883

So the Swiss Travel Pass covers your trip as far as Wengen (or Grindelwald) for free. You will need to buy a ticket from Wengen or Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch. You will get a 25% discount on that ticket with your Swiss Travel Pass. See map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

You can also use the Swiss railways timetable to find train departures to Jungfraujoch: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

How to get to Jungfraujoch is noted here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    11 December 2018 at 9:23:45 #890884

The official website of Schilthorn have not yet made necessary changes.

schilthorn.ch/cmsfiles /tariffs_schilthorn_20 19_english.pdf

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 December 2018 at 9:39:48 #890885

Hi Jantinsmehta,

It looks like they did make changes as the document says “The Swiss Travel Pass is valid on the entire journey Stechelberg – Mürren – Schilthorn“. That means it’s free.

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    11 December 2018 at 14:15:48 #890886

Hi Arno,

True they have mentioned “The Swiss Travel Pass is valid on the entire journey Stechelberg – Mürren – Schilthorn”, but that could even mean it’s valid for 50% discount as mentioned right above it with tariff.

I fail to understand why have they written in such a way, it adds to the confusion.

Hope things get clear in next couple of days/weeks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 December 2018 at 16:27:36 #890887

Hi Jantinsmehta,

I see what you mean, just writing “free” or “100% discounted” would be better. But there is no need to doubt it is free. It was confirmed to me by both the Swiss Railways and the Schilthorn cableway themselves. So enjoy the ride!

jatinsmehta
    Participant
    114 posts
    11 December 2018 at 18:41:47 #890888

Great, thanks for your help Arno….Cheers!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2018 at 17:44:25 #890889

Hi,

Im travelling to Swiss on Jan 2019. Will arrive and depart at Zurich. My schedule as below

Day 1 Zurich -Luzern(Overnight)

Day 2 Luzern – Interlaken – Jungfraujoch (Overnight Interlaken)

Day 3 Interlaken – Grindelwald – FIRST Cliff -Interlaken -Lake Thun (Overnight Interlaken)

Day 4 Interlaken -Zermatt -Gornergrat -Zermatt (Overnight Zermatt)

Day 5 Zermatt – Zurich

Day 6 Bye Bye Zurich

1)Pls give some advise should i buy Swiss Travel Pass or Half – Fare Pass?

2) From Zermatt to Gornergrat Re turn ticket how much fare with Swiss Travel Pass or Half-Fare pass.

3)Any advise for my schedule?

4)Will it be sufficient time if i travel from Luzern to Interlaken then to Jungfraujoch Via Wengen and Return Via Grindelwald and stop at FIRST Cliff then back to Interlaken?Or should i seperate in 2 days?

ThankYou.Looking forward for yours expert opinion.TQ

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 December 2018 at 18:10:51 #890890

Hi Nicole, welcome to MySwissAlps!

At first glance I would expect the Swiss Half Fare Card to work out cheaper, but to be sure about that doing the math would be useful: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

As for your other questions I recommend to post a new thread. We are only discussing the changes to the rail passes in 2019 here, so your questions kind of get lost on the 4th page of that discussion. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2018 at 3:27:28 #890891

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your information provided.Will do some work on that spreadsheet you recommend.

May i know how to post a new thread?

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 December 2018 at 5:44:23 #890892

You’re welcome Nicole! You can pick the most appropriate forum here and then click “post a new thread”.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The thread ‘Overview of the Swiss Travel System passes in 2019’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.