Packed 6 day solo itinerary for Switzerland July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 11:13:03 #822743

Hi all

many great resources on this site, I was hoping to please get some advice to finalise my solo 6 day trip to Switzerland this month.

So the plan so far:

July 15th: Land in Zurich around 11am, train straight to Lucerne. Will have a walk and lunch around there. Then travel on the goldenness towards Montreux. Stay the night in Montreux. The other option is to forget the goldenpass and not head to Montreux but instead just go to Lucerne and enjoy the evening in Interlaken. Or to further confuse things miss Lucerne and instead go straight to Interlaken enjoy the day then and take late goldepass train to Montreux. Sorry I hope that isn’t took confusing.

16th: Explore Lake Geneva or Interlaken in the morning (depending on previous day plan) then catch train to Zermatt. Depending on what time I get to Zermatt either take Gorbergratbahn and enjoy a small hike or consider Matterhorn glacier trail. Stay night in Zermatt.

17th: Choose a longer hiking route in Zermatt. Around evening I will take the train to Spiez. Spend the night in Speiz.

18th: Spiez to intelaken via boat. Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen. Paragliding around midday then head to Lauterbrunnen then explore locally the waterfalls, Wengen and Mürren.

!9th: Kleine Scheidegg walk (or other longer hike in the region, ?advice). No other big plans for this day.

20th: I have to catch train around 11am so any ideas on how to fill these hours of the morning before return?

I was always wondering if it would be worthwhile getting a half price Swiss pass instead of 4 or 8 day full pass due to the number of days.

I also understand this is a whistle stop tour of the country and perhaps rush plan so I am happy to hear recommendations of things to cut out or places to spend more time. The must see places for me are Zermatt (Matterhorn) and Jungfrau, all else is a bonus. I would like a mainly active holiday, rather not be stuck on train even though most of itinerary involves long train journeys.

Thanks guys 🙂

Kris

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 July 2019 at 8:07:08 #917335

Kris,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps! By goldenness you mean the Golden Pass route, right? Here’s all information you need about that: http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass. If you only go to Interlaken, I would still recommend to travel via the northern leg of the Golden Pass route. There’s not much to see in Interlaken itself, but the area if wonderful. And so is Lake Geneva:

For Zermatt, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt.

You could postpone the Interlaken boat ride and include that in your outward journey. Or visit Harder Kulm in the morning.

Logistically, it makes sense to skip Montreux and stay in/around Interlaken for a few days first, and end your visit in Zermatt.

• The thread ‘Packed 6 day solo itinerary for Switzerland July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.