Paddle boarding/canoeing on a lake in early April

Paddle boarding/canoeing on a lake in early April

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Hannahe1
Hannahe1
4 posts
Jan 26, 2017 - 9:48 PM

Hi,

travelling 3-6 April and would love to paddle board on a beautiful lake with beautiful scenery. I've had a look online and I can only seem to book from May onwards. Does anybody know where we could possible paddle board in April?! If we couldn't do this then we would settle for canoeing at the same beautiful destination?

Thanks

hannah

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3621 posts
expert
Jan 27, 2017 - 12:46 AM in reply to Hannahe1

<<"travelling 3-6 April and would love to paddle board on a beautiful lake with beautiful scenery. I've had a look online and I can only seem to book from May onwards.">>>

Hi Hannahe1.

In general, it is too early and too cold to go in the water in the first part of April. Maybe in the Ticino it would be tolerable. Maybe..

But, remember that the lakes are fed by rivers full of cold water from melting snow in the Spring.

Maybe a walk around a lake could offer a substitute?

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017