Panorama VIP reservations on Golden Pass

Panorama VIP reservations on Golden Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Wander
Wander
9 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 1:46 PM

How does one go about making VIP seats reservations for the Zweisimmen to Montreaux section on the Golden Pass route? (We already have our Swiss Travel Passes).

Thank you- John

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2018 - 3:23 PM in reply to Wander

Hi John,

Normally you can make your reservation here: www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets

But it isn't possible until June due to construction on the line between Zweisimmen and Montreux.

Wander
Wander
9 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 3:36 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas.

We hope to travel on 13 June; will construction be complete? And I infer from your comment we still must wait until June to reserve seats, correct? Is there a charge for reservations on the Panoramic Train?

Thanks for all your help. MySwissAlps is a marvelous planning tool.

Lucas
Lucas
8830 posts
expert &
Mar 31, 2018 - 5:33 PM in reply to Wander

I believe it is finished June 1 - I'm away from my notes today :) You are a little early for reservations yes but it won't be an issue making one closer to travel time (a month or two before should be plenty!)

johnelsy
johnelsy
9 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 7:57 PM in reply to Lucas

I booked 2 VIP seats for 9 June about 90 days before our travel date direct with train operator on their web site. Only 2 seats had been reserved at that time.

John Elsy.

Wander
Wander
9 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 8:53 PM in reply to johnelsy

Thank you -- and was there an extra charge for a Panorama seat reservation?

johnelsy
johnelsy
9 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 9:16 PM in reply to Wander

I paid CHF 15 for each seat in VIP area of the front carriage.. It may be a little lower in the standard Panoramic carriages. John.

Wander
Wander
9 posts
Mar 31, 2018 - 9:23 PM

Thank John.

I guess it's worth it (even on top of the cost of the Swiss Travel Pass). On the Happy Rail site the cost is CHF 18.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 12:50 AM in reply to Wander

>> How does one go about making VIP seats reservations for the Zweisimmen to Montreaux section on the Golden Pass route? ... We hope to travel on 13 June ... On the Happy Rail site the cost is CHF 18.

On the official Golden Pass reservation site, VIP seat reservations are CHF 15, normal seats are CHF 8, and you can choose your seats. Can you choose your seats on the Happy Rail site?

The VIP seats are not on every Golden Pass train. There are only two departures daily in each direction that have the carriage with the VIP seats. From Zweisimmen to Montreux they are the 12:25 and 18:25 departures.

You can book up to 90 days ahead of your travel date, so the front row VIP seats for the 12:25 departure from Zweisimmen on 13 June have already been booked, but there are still some second row VIP seats available. Front row VIP seats are still available on the 18:25 departure, which arrives at Montreux at 20:11, just on sunset.

This is the official Golden Pass reservation site:

reservations.mob.ch/re servation/reservation/ reservation/reservatio n/reservation/reservat ion/reservation/reserv ation/reservation/rese rvation/f?p=151:1:56898718015546 17::NO:::

Alpenrose

Last modified on Apr 1, 2018 - 12:52 AM by Removed user
johnelsy
johnelsy
9 posts
Apr 1, 2018 - 8:57 AM in reply to Wander

I used reservations.mob.ch but I think you can use myswissalps.com

You do not need a ticket or Swiss Pass to book a reservation.

If you Google golden pass train photos you can seethe seat layout which is excellent.

Good luck.

John Elsy.

Wander
Wander
9 posts
Apr 2, 2018 - 10:51 AM

Thank you John and Alpenrose,

We've reserved the four front row VIP Panorama seats for the last train the night before. Appreciate all your help.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Apr 3, 2018 - 5:36 AM in reply to Wander

>> We've reserved the four front row VIP Panorama seats for the last train the night before

Glad you got some front-row seats on a departure that suited you!

Alpenrose

spaulus69
spaulus69
36 posts
Apr 3, 2018 - 1:59 PM

I saw a post about being able to reserve the front 2 rows of seats, from what I remember it was a little tricky finding how to do it but somehow I managed to get it done for a trip in late Feb of 2016.

Great view and only 2 seats in second row were reserved, 3 of us had the front to ourselves. Great deal.

I attached a couple shots from front seat.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018