Panorama train trips from Geneva

• sandy0367
    Participant
    12 posts
    14 November 2015 at 17:58:11 #808125

Hi – I have a 3 day Swiss travel pass and have my base at Geneva. Can you suggest 2 or 3 day trips with some lovely views of the snowy mountains.

Esp. on trains which are covered under the Swiss rail pass.

thanks in advance for your help.

Sandy.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 November 2015 at 15:51:25 #846983

Hi Sandy!

I’d suggest part of the Golden Pass route towards Montreux and Zweisimmen. If you don’t mind a long day trip, you can also travel to Zermatt. Especially the last part up in the Matter valley is very scenic. Chamonix is an option too, as discussed in your previous topic.

sandy0367
    Participant
    12 posts
    15 November 2015 at 18:22:28 #846984

Thanks Annika. Are these covered under the Swiss pass.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 November 2015 at 10:54:27 #846985

Hi Sandy,

All trains in Switzerland are covered. For details, please see the Swiss Travel Pass map.

sandy0367
    Participant
    12 posts
    22 November 2015 at 18:47:51 #846986

Dear Arno, Annika and Slowpoke – you have been great people and very good help for our Swiss trip which ends tomorrow.

Thanks to your advice and guidance, we could utilize the Swiss flexi pass which is really great value for money. and more importantly made some of the most memorable train journeys. The best ones being the Visp to Zermatt and also the goldenpass rail tour from Interlaken to Zweissemmen and Montreux. they have the most breathtaking views.

thanks once again.

sandy.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 November 2015 at 10:48:55 #846987

Hi Sandy,

I’m glad you liked your trip so much, and that we could help you plan. Thanks for getting back here for an update!

Arno

• The thread ‘Panorama train trips from Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.