Departure times panoramic trains Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2016 at 13:54:38 #809399

Hi: I will travel to your beautiful country and I would like to travel on the Golden Pass Panoramic Train. I am planning to do it on September 27 or 28 2016. could you can help me to know what is the departure times from Lucern or Monteaux for the panoramic trains.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    9 June 2016 at 14:48:27 #852867

Hi Schillinger, welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are trains from 6:05 AM, then roughly every hour. You can best have a look at the timetable yourself. You’ll find the link here on our Golden Pass page. There’s the nation wide timetable and the timetable for just this route under “More on other websites”. Pay special attention to the Zweisimmen to Montreux section as the panoramic trains only operate about every two hours. The other trains have “normal” windows.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2016 at 15:39:59 #852868

as I undesrtstand, the only panoramic train is from Zweisimmen to Montreux? I asume that this panoramic train also operates Montreux to Zweisimment, it is right?

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 June 2016 at 15:53:05 #852869

Yes, the direction does not matter (see the timetable). Actually most of the route is pretty nice. The trains between Lucerne and Interlaken have panoramic windows too (all of them).

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Departure times panoramic trains Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.