Paragliding Switzerland - which company, worth it?

Paragliding Switzerland - which company, worth it?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Shanpassmore
Shanpassmore
21 posts
Jan 11, 2018 - 12:55 PM

Hi all has anyone tried the paragliding? I was just wondering if it was worth the money and if it's only the one company you can go with. Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
8846 posts
expert &
Jan 11, 2018 - 4:36 PM in reply to Shanpassmore

Hi,

Which Para gliding company are you talking about? I have never done paragliding but we list one in the Lauterbrunnen area noted on our activity list here (2nd page).

AlanPrice
AlanPrice
194 posts
Jan 12, 2018 - 7:51 PM

Hi Shanpassmore,

There are several Paragliding companies operating in the Jungfrau area. Some focus more on joyflights, others can offer various courses if you want to get your certificate. I did a joyflight with Sky Wings based in Interlaken several years ago and will fly with them again when we go back this year. They were very good and made the whole process a lot of fun. Having said that, because paragliding is a regulated activity, I'd expect any company operating in the Jungfrau region to be first class. You can check out SkyWings at skywings.ch/

Alan

Last modified on Jan 12, 2018 - 8:02 PM by AlanPrice
AlanPrice
AlanPrice
194 posts
Jan 12, 2018 - 8:28 PM

I forgot to say, I've also flown in Zermatt. From memory there are only 2 companies operating there. Flying is a little restricted because of local conditions (Compared with the Jungfrau region) but the view is spectacular. We went with Paragliding Zermatt Air Taxi and would happily fly with them again.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018