Is paragliding with teenagers in Interlaken safe

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2019 at 3:04:40 #822311

We are considering paragliding in the Interlaken area. We have 3 teenage children. Wondering about the safety of the activity and if there are any companies we should use or not use?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2019 at 5:40:04 #915381

Hello Skutsor and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I’m sure the teenagers are super excited about this paragliding adventure they’ll have..do they know yet? 🙂

You can find a paragliding activity in Lauterbrunnen that we recommend here. You can generally trust the companies offering such activities, as safety is their capital, they cannot and will not take any risks.

Maybe there are some limitations regarding a minimum age or size, but you would have to find out about this with the company directly.

Also check:
    http://www.paragliding-interlaken.ch/en

Best,
    Steph

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2019 at 14:28:58 #915382

My 3 teens just did it a few days ago with Paragliding Interlaken .. they were fantastic. My kids had a great time & felt safe the entire time. All 3 of their guides were very experienced & lots of fun. They texted when about to take off with their chute colors so we were able to watch them come in for the landing. The video & pictures they got (an extra fee) were amazing!

We stayed in Lauterbrunnen & saw the paragliders there too but my kids wanted the lakes views in Interlaken.

Enjoy!!

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    17 June 2019 at 22:18:28 #915383

Perhaps it would be best not to go with this person: youtu.be/dLBJA8SlH2w

Monica45
    Participant
    20 posts
    19 June 2019 at 1:44:18 #915384

Thanks for the link, unbelievable! (crossing off my list…)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2019 at 3:40:25 #915385

What paragliding company did you use?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2019 at 4:31:53 #915386

It was Paragliding Interlaken. I booked it through Outdoor Interlaken but they use the company Paragliding Interlaken so you can book directly through them. Have fun!

• The thread ‘Is paragliding with teenagers in Interlaken safe’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.