Where to Paraglide in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2017 at 21:21:28 #813637

Where is the best place to paraglide with the BEST views?!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

bouboucadeau
    Participant
    20 posts
    10 November 2017 at 0:47:07 #871721

you chose the best place to paraglide.. for my trip to Switzerland in 2016… i did paraglide for the first time in Lauternbrunnen, overlooking the Bernese Alps.

they have other locations like Interlaken but i chose Lauterbrunnen, overlooking the Alps and mountains.

photos attached.

i did it with company Airtime Paraglide

airtime-paragliding.ch/

ask for Beni, the owner – founder.

i glided with him and he was easy, friendly and gave a history of Switzerland the the region.

enjoy and be amazed by the beauty.

glide like a bird

AlanPrice
    Participant
    279 posts
    10 November 2017 at 20:19:20 #871722

Hi,

As already noted, there are several companies operating in the Jungfrau region. I’ve flown from Beatenberg to Interlaken which was a hoot. Next time I’d like to try flying from First, above Grindelwald as that puts you in the absolute dead centre of the Alps, with the Wetterhorn, Mettenberg and Eiger right in front of you. Flying above Lauterbrunnen would be magical as well. It’s possible to fly at Zermatt, but flying conditions there can be difficult, so they get fewer flying days than in the Jungfrau region. Nobody flys when the Foehn is blowing (a warm southerly wind) because of dangerous turbulence.

Have fun

Alan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2017 at 21:17:25 #871723

Thank you for the info! Your photos look INCREDIBLE! So excited!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 November 2017 at 21:18:05 #871724

Awesome! Thank you!!

• The thread ‘Where to Paraglide in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.