Paragliding, Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch in 2 1/2 day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2018 at 18:03:08 #817713

We would like to fit in all three activities if possible, but are certainly open to alternative suggestions.

We arrive in Lauterbrunnen at 1:30 in the afternoon from Basel. I was thinking we could paraglide that first afternoon as Airtime said our luggage would be no problem. We would then travel on to our base in Wengen.

However, recent posts make us think it would be better to paralide in the morning? Which becomes more of an issue with the two mountain trips and the weather. We had planned to get to each mountain first thing in the morning. Should we paraglide in the morning and forego Jungfraujoch and maybe go do the activities at First?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2018 at 7:09:08 #893502

Hi TCordz,

I think on average, all those activities might be best to try in the morning, but that doesn’t mean the afternoon won’t be great or better. You can’t predict the weather 🙂 At least not more than 24-48 hours in the mountains.

I’d check with your paragliding company and see what they think; as that is the only thing you need to, or should try to, pre-book. The other mountains should be decided upon based on the weather and your free time that day.

• The thread ‘Paragliding, Schilthorn, Jungfraujoch in 2 1/2 day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.